Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the energy to do some paint correction today. Brought my work stuff home to perform a 3 step cut, buff and polish. My paint has some pretty bad water spotting, and considering it’s 15 years old has a lot of flaws. First step is heavy cut Compound with a wool pad, second step is Ultra fine polish which removes the scratches from the compound, third step is finish polish, which restores the glamour and shine to the clearcoat. Before posted at the top, after posted below.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
505 Posts
Great job!

Do you think it's possible to get results like that with a DA without spending hours per panel? I assume you had the wool pad on a rotary...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great job!

Do you think it's possible to get results like that with a DA without spending hours per panel? I assume you had the wool pad on a rotary...
Thank you! DA’s create swirl marks when polishing, your best best is a polisher! But I’m sure you could get it 90% perfect with a DA if you are patient. I use a 6” makita polisher that used 9” pads. And step one is a wool pad, the last two steps are foam pads with ultra fine polishing paste.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Very nice job. Kind of reminds me of the job my award-winning PDR guy did a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! DA’s create swirl marks when polishing, your best best is a polisher! But I’m sure you could get it 90% perfect with a DA if you are patient. I use a 6” makita polisher that used 9” pads. And step one is a wool pad, the last two steps are foam pads with ultra fine polishing paste.
And
Very nice job. Kind of reminds me of the job my award-winning PDR guy did a couple of years ago.

thank you! Honestly PDR guys are wizards, they need more recognition for their talents cause it’s mind blowing lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts