Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2005 from the original owner. Everything was pretty good with it until the rear air blower started working intermittently. Now it won’t come on at all. Me in my infinite wisdom googles it and buys a new transistor. Well, I can’t put it in because it’s the wrong one. It’s nothing like I’ve seen in anyone’s photos for this year. And ideas? Is it really the resistor that’s bad in my situation? Also I still have to vacuum the screen out so I know that. It was kind of clogged up til I picked out the dirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,032 Posts
LX uses a resistor module and EX uses a transistor module. Did you order the correct one for your Pilot?
More than likely your module overheated due to insufficient airflow across the cooling fins (due to clogged lint screen restricting air intake to the blower wheel). Vacuuming the screen is now part of my 15k mile maintenance checklist.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L
15 Posts
i just replace the transistor on my 2003 EXL yesterday. In AZ A/C is an absolute necessity and I did not realize the rear A/C was out until someone sat back there and asked if I could turn on the A/C for them. The screen had a lot of lint on it so I took the screws out and washed it. The whole process maybe took 10 minutes and now I have nice cold A/C in the rear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just replace the transistor on my 2003 EXL yesterday. In AZ A/C is an absolute necessity and I did not realize the rear A/C was out until someone sat back there and asked if I could turn on the A/C for them. The screen had a lot of lint on it so I took the screws out and washed it. The whole process maybe took 10 minutes and now I have nice cold A/C in the rear.

Well the part that I didn’t need, I was able to find a ton of them ranging in prices. Does anyone have a link to the actual part that I do need ? I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,032 Posts
Go to the Majestic Honda site and look on their parts catalog. You will have to enter if you have an EX or an LX and it will point you to the Honda P/N. From there you can search for an aftermarket equivalent if you decide on that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Center console has plastic panel that can be easily pulled by hand if you grab it from near the gas pedal. Once pulled open, you will see the lint screen that is most likely clogged by now. I vacuumed it. Hope this fixes your problem--it it's not too late yet!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have an LX or EX?

Well the part that I didn’t need, I was able to find a ton of them ranging in prices. Does anyone have a link to the actual part that I do need ? I’d appreciate it.

What model do you have? I have an 05 EX-L and I found the part on Amazon for $19.99. It looks like the one you have in your first picture. Brownish with the silver fins. It is located to the right of that screen that gets clogged. You have to push down a clip that holds it in place and turn in a clockwise motion if I remember correctly. The video that's posted in the thread shows you exactly how to remove and replace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts