Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! I love my Pilot EXL which I bought in 2009 and have put 200,000 miles on it myself. Drove from San Francisco in it and as you probably know, it's a dream.
I've just had another Timing Belt job done along with other minor replacements: cabin fan, alternator, lower power steering hose etc. I didn't have this problem before the repair, but now my directionals don't work (not on the dash or bulbs), my hazards do (on the dash and the bulbs. I just replaced the headlight switch but still no luck. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My first guess would be a relay or the switch in the stalk died. However - if somebody replaced the cabin fan, there's always the possibility that there's a loose or tweaked connection somewhere behind the dash.

Use the 'search community' feature on the top of the page - I'm sure there are other threads on this forum discussing a similar problem. Doesn't mean your fix will be the same, but it's a good place to start.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Since the hazards work even when the engine is off but the turn signals only work when the engine is on, maybe it's a fuse?

No. 10, 7.5 amp fuse in the driver's side interior fuse box, as I've highlighted for you in the attached document? Check not only by sight, but with a multimeter, or swap for a known good identical fuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My first guess would be a relay or the switch in the stalk died. However - if somebody replaced the cabin fan, there's always the possibility that there's a loose or tweaked connection somewhere behind the dash.

Use the 'search community' feature on the top of the page - I'm sure there are other threads on this forum discussing a similar problem. Doesn't mean your fix will be the same, but it's a good place to start.
Thanks much. Have replace the switch and the relay was my next venture. Will check other threads.
Since the hazards work even when the engine is off but the turn signals only work when the engine is on, maybe it's a fuse?

No. 10, 7.5 amp fuse in the driver's side interior fuse box, as I've highlighted for you in the attached document? Check not only by sight, but with a multimeter, or swap for a know good identical fuse.
You hit it on the head! I just checked the #10 with my ohm meter and it's open. Cant find one here but will get one asap and let you all know. Thanks for responding so quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the light/directional switch and finally the #10 fuse and I can keep my arm inside again on my turns. Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts