Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My floorboards, both on the drivers side and the passengers side have been wet for 6 months now. First thought it was my heater core but mechanics say no. they think it is the wind shield. Took it to a windshield place and they could find nothing. Could it be coming from around my side doors? Maybe coming up from the floorboard? Thanks for any help. You guys are very good at solving problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2003. In my case it turned out to be a clogged drain path down through the body from the area of the windshield. You need to remove the cover from under the windshield in the engine compartment to access the area in question. When you get the cowling off you will see a trough that extends from one side of the compartment to the other and at the side of the car there are several paths for the water to take down through the interior of the fender to drains at the back of the wheel well. If you pull the carpet back then put a bit of water down the drains you should be able to figure out which one is clogged. In my case it was a narrow drain right at the bottom corner of the windshield that I ended up plugging with silicon sealant. I'm assuming that the drain path clogged with debris causing water to back up far enough to allow it to enter through one of the bolt holes or wire ways through that part of the car.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Someone in some other thread mentioned to check the drain port at the bottom of the front mud flaps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts