Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!My 2005 Honda pilot made a Squealing sound (very quick like if you're not listening you'll miss it) while in park..it sounds kinda like when you hit the brakes on a car that needs new brakes. Has anyone experienced this? It has happened maybe 3 times in the last week.

Also I noticed some condensation on this line circled in photo, what is this part called please? (Not my photo just a reference)
Auto part Fuel line Engine Pipe Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,593 Posts
That's an A/C line so condensation is totally normal.
I would assume the squealing noise is the serpentine(?) belt. (I think another name for it is accessory belt). It happened to me when I would first start the car up if the air was moist--I'm in Georgia so there's always moisture in the air. It would go away after the engine warmed up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do a quick test of the AC compressor to ellimate at least one possibility of the noise. Pop the hood, start the engine, and turn the AC on and off and see if there are any differences.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would assume the squealing noise is the serpentine(?) belt. (I think another name for it is accessory belt). It happened to me when I would first start the car up if the air was moist--I'm in Georgia so there's always moisture in the air. It would go away after the engine warmed up.

Thank you! I know the noise you mean it happens here in NC too after a rain or really humid day. This noise is a bit different as it is kind of a quick break squeal...could be from moisture though because it has been really muggy and rainy.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Can you post a video of the noise? It might help in narrowing it down.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Do a quick test of the AC compressor to ellimate at least one possibility of the noise. Pop the hood, start the engine, and turn the AC on and off and see if there are any differences.
My daughter's Avalon a/c compressor made intermittent screeches whenever the clutch engaged. The fix was to replace the a/c compressor.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
My daughter's Avalon a/c compressor made intermittent screeches whenever the clutch engaged. The fix was to replace the a/c compressor.
How much did that set her - or you - back? :)

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
New Denso a/c compressor was approx $220...no point in reman or generics
OK, not so bad as I thought. So did she spring for it or did you go dutch on it with her? Or did you do the dad thing where you perennially tell her, "OK, this time I'll pay for it, but someday you'll have to take care of these things on your own, you know"? :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
OK, not so bad as I thought. So did she spring for it or did you go dutch on it with her? Or did you do the dad thing where you perennially tell her, "OK, this time I'll pay for it, but someday you'll have to take care of these things on your own, you know"? :)
It was a memorable father+daughter project that I will never forget. She was not working at the time but needed the Avalon to be reliable transportation. She was hands-on, instrumental, excited and had concerns that if the repairs were not successful it would not only be a hot summer but the end of her beloved ‘97 Avalon. Despite the age and miles the Avalon drove well but the a/c clutch developed an intermittently loud screech ending with the clutch locking up and the compressor leaking oil/refrigerant. We watched several u-tube videos for guidance and bought new a/c manifold gauges, refrigerant, vacuum pump, etc. She learned a lot about her Avalon as the project got bigger when it became necessary to replace the alternator, belts, radiator, hoses and coolant.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
Great to hear. I'm in the middle of a similar father-daughter project. More on that later...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts