Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, I noticed that my carpet in my 2005 Honda Pilot with 290K miles was wet so I pulled up the carpeting and noticed water on both sides. I been looking on the internet and saw so many different ideas of what the problem may be to sealing body seems to unclogging drain holes etc etc etc. I plan to work on this again this weekend and was wondering if there was a most common fix to this before I began taking off the fenders and drilling unnecessary holes to get to hidden seams. I saw something about some body drain holes that get clogged but saw nothing posted as to where they are. Any information or assistance on this is appreciated as well.

Thanks again forum

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 2004 gets wet on passenger floor but I can't find the leak point with a hose. For a while I was getting a lot of water after driving in rain and I believe the new tires and the collection of debris in the mud flap was causing it to fill up and lean in. I cleaned the A/C drains too but it still gets some water from a leak somewhere. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Have you checked your dangling hose and center nipple? Really. :)

Condensation Leak from Cabin Air Filter Cover

Wet floor anyone?

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/69-2003-2008-pilot/139898-2006-gurgling-noise.html#post1437969

Once located, try sticking pen or a barbecue skewer up the hose, and just pinching the nipple.

Does anyone know how to unclog the AC drain

If nothing comes out, it might be time to start looking at other causes.

• Have you recently changed your cabin air filter and cleaned out the area?
  • Moonroof drain.
  • Body seam welds behind the wheel well.
  • Ever had your windshield replaced?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Have someone run a garden hose in rain shower mode (not monsoon mode) around the exterior of the Pilot while you check inside for leaks. Two common problems are the a/c drain and moon roof. If you got the moon roof option check the drain channels and perform the a/c drain test in post#3.

Common Bimmer issue was rain water entering from the bottom of the inner door panels. Not a usual Honda issue unless someone disturbed that inner door panel.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
740 Posts
I did the body seem caulking on my 2005 pilot, along with caulking the wiring harness per the video u watched. I did not pull the fender off! also make sure u clean the mudflaps. Pull the carpet back along with the rubber mat underneath until you expose the inside corners of the body and body floor especially at the corners. My leak was coming thru the inside corner seam (forward of fuse box) and slowed down after caulking the seam and then stopped after taping and caulking the wiring & harnesses ( all behind the wheel well inner liner)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm new here... This happen to us on a Chevy we had. Try locating your a/c drain hose and see if it is clogged. Sometimes if that happens the a/c drain will backup into the floor board.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What you noted for your Chevy is also common for the Pilot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok forum I sealed seams, clean drains and put everything back in the car so we will see what happens. I now have a new issue once I put everything back in Amal’s started the car I have a light on dash I checked and made sure all seat harnesses are plug up but this light stays on, I unhooked battery hoping something may have needed to be reset but it is still on any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
If you moved any wire harnesses make sure they didn’t get disconnected. Check this AFTER you have disconnected battery negative for 5 minutes since that is an SRS system warning light.

Other thing you’ll need to do is have the Honda specific code read. Or use the OBD2 jumper method to flash main code on dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts