Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 Pilot won't start. It just cranks and cranks. I have put in a new battery, new battery cables, new alternator, and replaced the 120 amp main fuse.

I know the fuel pump kicks on and there is plenty of pressure in the lines. There is no spark at the coils. Spark plugs are all good. No CEL and no codes come up when attached to computer to check.

Can anyone tell me where the PGM FI relays are on this model year? It looks like Honda did away with the single main relay for this year model year and I can't find a schematic with the relay location. Hoping new relays will do the trick.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
So does it start now?

If not, here are a few things to check:

Is the timing belt intact? Are the camshafts rotating?

Crank position sensor may be defective.

How about a compression test?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does it start now?

If not, here are a few things to check:

Is the timing belt intact? Are the camshafts rotating?

Crank position sensor may be defective.

How about a compression test?
It's all working now. The PGM-FI 1 relay is actually brown and sits right next the blue relay in the front of the picture below. What a pain in the neck getting to those things.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you test the relay and found out it was bad? I think I might have the same issue with my 05" Pilot. I would appreciate your answer.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,191 Posts
Take a 9v battery and wire positive on pin 85 and negative on pin 86. You should hear the relay click. Remove one connection from the 9v battery and the relay will clack. If you have an ohm meter measure for an open circuit and short circuit across pins 30 and 87 (and 87a which is inverse of 87) as you connect and disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have 2006 Honda Pilot Ex crank no start, New Battery, New Starter, have Spark took top timing belt cover off belt looks good and is tight, have compression, can smell fuel, any ideas??? Note when I installed new battery and starter cranking power was stronger and after multiple cranks it did fire up but then stopped???

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,191 Posts
What’s the condition of the engine air filter?

If you turn the key between off and II a few times before cranking does it start up?

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,191 Posts
What about if you try to start it when in neutral?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rear dry is 30,30,30 wet is 45,45,45. FRONT is 160,145,145 wet is 170,150,150........would this not let it start??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts