Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EXL
120 Posts
Well, that would be my next move as well... the wheel well. :)

Find solace in the fact that you are not alone.

2006 Pilot Wet Passenger footwell

Interior leak
Ok- after looking at passenger wheel well, I noticed that I forgot to wrap the wiring harness with electrical tape (3Layers). Also lightly coated harness and connectors with silicone caulk. Performed water test - from sunroof & did direct spray on body seam & harness- No Water 😀👍. Now- real test is rain. Was looking forward to last night’s storm (weirdness 😉) to see how she faired- 27 mph winds & .93” of rain. DRY!!!!!!! I found NO WATER INSIDE !!!!! I will leave carpet pulled back on passenger side to keep an eye on it and report back after more rains 😀👍. HAPPY CAMPER & Moving on to Spark Plug Change! THANKS FOR THIS FORUM AND ALL THE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,192 Posts
Glad to hear the water leak figured out.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Happy for you, and glad you came back to post the fix as a reference for others who may encounter this problem in the future. (y)

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EXL
120 Posts
Happy for you, and glad you came back to post the fix as a reference for others who may encounter this problem in the future. (y)
Ooooohhhh....I'm HERE Baby!!!! :):p Just ordered some plugs from Rock Auto- looks to be an easy job! Can't wait to put them in- 6k past due, but I'm getting 15mpg. Will see if new plugs increase mpg?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,192 Posts
Changing the plugs out is a pretty straight forward job. Figure it will take you a couple hours if it’s your first time. The biggest trick I learned from a previous job was to use a piece of fuel line to get the plugs started to avoid cross threading them into the engine block.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EXL
120 Posts
Changing the plugs out is a pretty straight forward job. Figure it will take you a couple hours if it’s your first time. The biggest trick I learned from a previous job was to use a piece of fuel line to get the plugs started to avoid cross threading them into the engine block.
Will do! Thanks!! And.. [email protected] 3” extensions for rear plugs is supposed to be the trick

21 - 27 of 27 Posts