Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I noticed a week ago both my front driver and passenger side floors were wet. I found the drains under the car and sure enough, the back drain was not dripping, squeezed the nipple and alot of water came out. Found the front drain, it's showing a drip but the hose is a little too hard for me to get at, I stuck a screw driver up the tube and no blockage, that I know of. I found the sunroof drains, they are clear.
Is there any drains from the windshield under the plastic piece where the wipers are? Not sure how to get the piece off, thought I would check here first. thanks Kevin

·
Registered
617 Posts
Compressed air works best. Can get a can of compressed air used for cleaning electronics at most stores. Shoot the air up the hole and it should unblock it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I found the sunroof drains and the front and back drain under the car for the AC. Is there any other drains that you know of. If water runs down the windshield is there drains for that? I'm thinking if leaves got in the grill that is below the windshield it may find its way into the car. But I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
If possible I’d be more inclined to use compressed air from the inside -> out so that whatever was blocking the tube doesn’t get a second opportunity. Or maybe take a shop vac to the drip tube. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the dreaded wet floors on both sides of my 2005. It's not the sunroof drains or mud flaps. I squeezed the nipple under the vehicle. I'm going to try the evap tube with some air today. Has anybody else remedied this problem?

Update, I shot compressed air in the drain tube and nothing came out.

Next logical check?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
See if you can pull the carpet near the firewall back and look for telltale watermarks. If you see any try to locate the high point where they are coming from.
I haven’t dealt with this issue but that is where I would continue since you have checked the drain tubes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I pulled all the carpet back and removed the entire front seat and console area. Dried it all up. I took it to a car wash. I don't see any water coming in anywhere.

How do you post pictures here?
It seems like the origin of the water was from under the center console. There is a big metal plate bolted under the vehicle directly under where the unit is at. I couldn't get the plate off.

Cusswords

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
You have to go to the full version of the site to post photos. Look at the very bottom of the page for the link to that.
When you attempted to clear the evaporator drains under the Pilot you did clear both? Based on your previous post it sounded like you did but just want to confirm. One is near the firewall and the other is under the center console.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't get my pics to upload. I've saved them on the desktop and tried to drag them into the area below.

I did try to clear both drains. I'm currently riding around with no interior and no passenger seat. I have yet to see any water leaking. It's no wonder there are so many unresolved issues related to this on the internet. Finding the source is providing to be difficult.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Well it looks like you’re definitely doing your due diligence trying to find the source of the water leak. From your photos I can’t believe that there aren’t any water mark streaks. Looks like someone spilled a soda or coffee at the center console though.🤪

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I just saw on another post that the drain port o the mud flaps can get clogged up. Not sure if you checked that yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just saw on another post that the drain port o the mud flaps can get clogged up. Not sure if you checked that yet.
I still never found the source of the water. I dried it out and put it back together to travel over the holidays. I'm keeping my eye on it. :confused:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EXL
91 Posts
Thanks for the update. Think I have found the source- water testing to follow and will update

·
Registered
2005 Pilot EXL
91 Posts
Well....from our little .11” rain- obviously I didn’t find all of the intrusion locations 😂
Removed& Cleaned driver side mud flap and area above. Also removed wipers and plastic trim below and cleaned small amount of debris- ran water over sunroof to flood windshield and ran AC/Heater all modes- no water. Put back together. Got .33” of rain today- small amount from same spot ( corner of passenger floorboard). Pulling fender next and following Utube video on sealing upper portion of body seam. Stay tuned!!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts