Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I was having some overheating problems. I replaced the thermostat which remedied the issue, but the problem continued to happen when the car idles for a long time; I noticed the fans never turn on unless the heat or AC is on. I suspected it was the thermo switch on the thermostat so I replaced that next; but to no avail nothing changed. Additionally, the one fan does turn on and stay running after the car has been turned off. All fuses and relays were checked and good so I began looking at the wiring around the radiator and thermostat which is when I found a big red flag..... From the driver side of the radiator I noticed there was a connector with two wires coming out of it that were both snipped and going no where. I traced it back and it is some sort of sensor tapped into the radiator. From this parts diagram I suspect it is 12/17/16 but n all the parts size they are missing these "parts" so I am left wondering where this mystery connector should be going.

1566354517162.png

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you check the coolant level? I was having the same issues in this summer heat, and turns out I was low. Resolved the fan running after shutting off the vehicle, and the A/C not keeping up on hot days when idling or driving at low speeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts