Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't see how LED bulbs could work in a 2005 Honda Pilot...I tried. You can't use the spring clips to secure the bulbs and if you did, I suspect the rubber boot would not fit back on...am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I really don't see how LED bulbs could work in a 2005 Honda Pilot...I tried. You can't use the spring clips to secure the bulbs and if you did, I suspect the rubber boot would not fit back on...am I missing something?
yup sounds like it... I'm running LED's in my 06 with no issues .. make sure you have the correct bulb size for the housing... It sounds like they are not properly being seating into the housing.
It's tricky on the drivers side with not much room to play in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So...it seems I was missing something...waaaay down the product page on Amazon is a installation video. It shows the outer ring of the headlight is removed from the light, this ring is then installed first and is held in place with the existing spring clips, the wire/plug is then run through the rubber boot and plugged into socket. I installed them and the work excellent!! The only down side I see is that the power wire plug and socket are no loner protected by the rubber boot.

How to Install H4/9003 LED Headlight Bulbs

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
So...it seems I was missing something...waaaay down the product page on Amazon is a installation video. It shows the outer ring of the headlight is removed from the light, this ring is then installed first and is held in place with the existing spring clips, the wire/plug is then run through the rubber boot and plugged into socket. I installed them and the work excellent!! The only down side I see is that the power wire plug and socket are no loner protected by the rubber boot.

How to Install H4/9003 LED Headlight Bulbs
I installed these same ones in my 2005 and I wish I saw this video first. lol. I was able to get the spring clip around the large heatsink but was kind of a pain to bend it open a little to get it over it but I got it to work and have no issues. But Yeah I had the same concerns about the plug and socket being exposed but I'm going to buy some rubber shrink wrap to seal it because the plug doesn't fully go into the wire leaving a small gap exposed. But the lights work great!

I also installed LED turn signals so it's white when on and yellow when it blinks. Looks really cool with the main LED. I pretty much replaced all my bulbs inside and out with LEDs except for the ones in the rear tail light housing. Just never got around to doing it yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum. I was changing out the headlight bulbs in our 2006 Pilot EX-L and found that I have to use a H11 bulb for the passenger side headlight and a HB3 9005 for the driver's side headlight. I tried using a H11 on the driver's side but the housing wouldn't allow it due to the mounting groves.

Has anyone else seen this in their Pilot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts