Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2005 Pilot EX-L. On a cold start, I'll get a check engine light with misfires on all 6 cylinders. It also idles like it will almost stall out (it has only actually stalled out twice). On some occasions, the VTM-4 light comes on but not all the time.

Once the car is warmed up, there's no issues. Like if I run into a store for a few minutes and come back out, it starts up and sounds normal. Check engine light sometimes goes away, sometimes not.

So far, I have:
-Installed new spark plugs
-Cleaned the EGR ports
-Replaced the EGR valve

After doing these things, check engine light and VTM-4 lights went away. Actually took a 5 hour drive with no issues. Then the lights came back on and the idling started again.

Read about cleaning the idle air control valve. But....where is that located? I read that it is on the throttle body but I must be missing it. Found a video online showing it on a 2004 Pilot but it doesn't seem like its in the same place as the 2005.

Anyone know where it is located? Anyone have any other thoughts on what might be the issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Per my Haynes manual 2005 and newer Pilots have an electronic throttle body with no IAC valve.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Try cleaning the MAF sensor also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts