Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my August "Car and Driver," and on page 34 is a "spy"shot of the 2005 Honda truck based on the Pilot. Apparently it will have the same 3.5 engine, perhaps 260 hp and will have squared off fender wells like the Avalanche. The bed will be 5 feet in length but will not open up like the Avalanche. It will have four doors and have a longer wheelbase than the Pilot. Take a look.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
photo

here's the truck:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
kemosabe said:
It looks eerily similar to our beloved Pilot!!! :p
Looks eerily similar to a photo shopping done by one of our Piloteers a few months back!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very Nice...

I like it but am looking at those squared off wheel openings. Not sure I like them yet...

Wonder what they will call it.

Don

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Very Nice...

dandbtucker said:
I like it but am looking at those squared off wheel openings. Not sure I like them yet...

Wonder what they will call it.

Don
What will they call it? Good question...

We already have a Honda Pilot and a Lincoln Navigator... What other aircraft crew members can we use??? :D :p

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
It seems to be pretty complete besides that, I hope the wheel wells get some BEEF to them. I don't like that squared look either. It looks cheap. I see they've sculpted the side of the truck slightly, and do those headlights look smaller? Maybe I'm seeing things. It looks like a Brat/Baja to me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Photo "illustration" ???

My understanding is that this "shot" is just a professionally-Photoshopped guess as to what the Honda truck might look like. Hence the reference in the accompanying article to "...the vehicle in our illustration..."

Personally, I hope that the actual Honda truck has fewer similarities to the Pilot. As far as names are concerned, the picture suggests something along the lines of "Pilot EXT" of "Pilot Sport Trac"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honda Stewardess

Sorry to be a spoil sport, but I think it looks ghastly.

First, these light duty crew cab trucks that are hitting the road these days (I'm thinking of the Avalanche, worst of all, it's Cadillac cousin who's name I have wiped from my brain) strike me as being utlerly useless (short bed, no serious cargo capacity) and just plain unattractive.

This Honda (the Stewardess?) could be the most hideous of the bunch. The only thing that could possibly have happened is that our beloved Pilot snuck out of the back yard while Honda wasn't looking and was impregnated by a Subaru Brat before she wandered back home. The Stewardess is the result of this unfortunate union.

:p

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: Photo "illustration" ???

emanders said:
My understanding is that this "shot" is just a professionally-Photoshopped guess as to what the Honda truck might look like.
God I hope you are right. I've been really anticipating a look at this truck, and this is a big disappointment. Hopefully the final version will be much more "polished" than this.

If not... I hate to say it, but the new '04 Tundra (full) 4 door is starting to more like my Cherokee replacement.

Love my (wife's) Pilot though! :p

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: Re: Photo "illustration" ???

rtresco said:

God I hope you are right. I've been really anticipating a look at this truck, and this is a big disappointment. Hopefully the final version will be much more "polished" than this.

If not... I hate to say it, but the new '04 Tundra (full) 4 door is starting to more like my Cherokee replacement.

Love my (wife's) Pilot though! :p
I hope you're right too- I hated the brat, abhor the baja, and would lose all faith in Honda if they make their truck look like that. How about a real truck, with a real bed? Make an engine with real towing capabilities. Otherwise, why bother?
Illustration? I somehow missed that, or I would have put that in my caption.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My wife telling me it looks like this thing. I have to disagree, if only out of principle. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: photo - stuck???

74PILOTMOM said:
here's the truck:
Regarding the original Honda truck pic...

Does anyone else agree that this truck looks like it is stuck? :2:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: Photo "illustration" ???

emanders said:
My understanding is that this "shot" is just a professionally-Photoshopped guess as to what the Honda truck might look like. Hence the reference in the accompanying article to "...the vehicle in our illustration..."
I hope so!!! :16:

·
Registered
393 Posts
THE TRUCK IS YUCK:(

·
Registered
747 Posts
5 feet bed won't get me to buy it. Not even they priced for $24,000. They need to open up the bed into passenger cabin to load some 4x8 ft plywood from Home depot.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I hope the new Honda truck looks more like this... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
AHHH That's more like it!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts