Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with instrument panel having multiple lights on at the same time like check engine light,airbag light, drive light blinking,4wheel drive light, it seems to be sensor light issue! Does anyone know about this for 2005 Honda pilot

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,328 Posts
Pretty common in cold weather on my 05. Usually after the first start of the day. “Rebooting “ the car at the first traffic light usually solved the problem. If yours isn’t like that, it’s time to pull the codes.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Has anyone had problems with instrument panel having multiple lights on at the same time like check engine light,airbag light, drive light blinking,4wheel drive light, it seems to be sensor light issue! Does anyone know about this for 2005 Honda pilot
Stop by your local Auto zone or Advance to scan for codes and post them here for discussion.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It could be unstable 12 volt supply that's triggering multiple warning lights. Could be a failing battery on a cold day, could be a corroded battery or ground cable that isn't doing it's job, could be an alternator problem, could be a loose battery cable connection at the terminal. On a 2005, if the battery is older, have it checked out at an auto parts store. Make sure of the connections, and inspect the ground cables where they bolt to the frame and engine. After 16 years, green corrosion and broken wires are common.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It could be unstable 12 volt supply that's triggering multiple warning lights. Could be a failing battery on a cold day, could be a corroded battery or ground cable that isn't doing it's job, could be an alternator problem, could be a loose battery cable connection at the terminal. On a 2005, if the battery is older, have it checked out at an auto parts store. Make sure of the connections, and inspect the ground cables where they bolt to the frame and engine. After 16 years, green corrosion and broken wires are common.
+1 on this. Take a look at your battery and the connected ground cables. If there's something terribly wrong, you'll know it. Google images of "battery corrosion" if you're not sure.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
Also check the ground wire between the transmission and the frame,

Reactions: STMech

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
All the above, yes, but could also be the alternator on its way out, like happened to me.

My guess would also be to look at the alternator. The symptoms often include a increasing cascade of poltergeist-ish electrical issues.

Alternator issue?

When it happened to me a couple of years ago, I also replaced the medium-old battery at the same time. Been good since.

Alternator issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts