Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad wet spot on my front passenger floor, sometimes it shows up on the front driver side as well. I taped off my sunroof thinking it was the drain hoses and it still happened. Currently not running my Ac/Heater being advised it could involve those, but the engine has been running cool with plenty if coolant. How can I find the leak source?

Other suggestions have been due to the aftermarket windshield, hose leak from under the fender (except it happens while just parked), and other door hoses. Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
^^^ That was going to be my first suggestion if the fluid is water. If the fluid smells sweet (coolant) that is another issue.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's unlikely to be the heater core if it's both sides I think. I'd think that would leak on one side and you'd smell it. Check your floor pans for rot. Could be water coming up from the outside.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most likely clogged ac drain line....clean and dry up the wet carpet asap otherwise you may end up with a long term odor problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I tried an air compressor into the center nipple and the front A/C drain nothing happened. I was told it could be that the drain hose isn't connected causing the leak as well?

The leak happened even when i wasn't using thr A/C or the heater the majority is on the passenger side, but then there was a little bit on the driver side too still. I'm not sure if the blower is turning off all the way either because if I leave the dial on the hot side you'll feel hot air from the vents although it shows off on the screen.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
With the Pilot’s engine not running (to reduce ambient noise) you can turn the key to the second position and listen if the blower(s) are turning completely off.

For the water leak you can pull the carpet back and see if there are any telltale water stains. Follow the stains to the highest point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far the highest point I can find is a rust spot on the inside of the passenger side interior trim, under the fuse box. I dont know where that hose leads from that runs along the inside of the door trim interior

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
In that case, start looking closer at the moonroof drain.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Also check that the drain port on the front passenger side mud flap isn’t clogged. I think I’ve read about water getting into the cabin when the mud flap doesn’t drain properly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On my '05 it was the body seam(on the driver and passenger sides) in the fender wells which runs down to the mud flaps. In many cases the factory didn't apply enough seam sealer to that area so over time it begins to leak. I jammed rope caulk into it and the leak hasn't returned and it's been well over a year ago.. You have to remove the plastic fender liners to get to it but it's no big deal. There are also YT vids which can shed more light on the issue.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
It might very well be body seams and/or inadequate grommets in the passenger-side fender well.

If not, maybe look at the roof rails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got inti the fenders to caulk the seams. On mine there's not just a flat grommet in the middle too right corner hole, they both have a drain style grommet or a nipple with an open hole. It leaked again just 2 days after, not sure if it was just water stored orior too. Or if the holed grommet is an issue? When I had pushed it on the passenger side it dripped water which is the bad leak side, driver side didnt.

I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
drain style grommet or a nipple with an open hole
OK, progress. Did it rain during that time? Open hole seams (pun intended :)) suspicious. Be good to see those pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There was a mist that day, I did run the defrister on hot the day before it happened too. I haven't been tracking it very well. I got it dried out again. So I could start paying attention to ll of it and not running the heater because I think that holed one is near wherethe condenser sits. I got a manual ordered to try and figure outwhat parts are there.

I attached the picture too - That's the driver side. We caulked all the seams on both sides there, but the middle one where it looks a little grey (kinda hard to tell) that has a hole going through it we couldn't pull it out either.That is what drips everytime I pushed it on the passengers side.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
There was a mist that day, I did run the defrister on hot the day before it happened too. I haven't been tracking it very well. I got it dried out again. So I could start paying attention to ll of it and not running the heater because I think that holed one is near wherethe condenser sits. I got a manual ordered to try and figure outwhat parts are there.

I attached the picture too - That's the driver side. We caulked all the seams on both sides there, but the middle one where it looks a little grey (kinda hard to tell) that has a hole going through it we couldn't pull it out either.That is what drips everytime I pushed it on the passengers side.
I'm not sure from looking at this pic if you caulked the seam which I was talking about. Is that the seam which runs down the firewall on the driver and passenger sides and gets hit directly with water from windshield drains?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know if it's the firewall, it's the seam that sits under the tire well. That was the first video I watched before I saw your post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts