Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago my warning light would sometimes come on and then go off, and sometimes it would just stay on. I took the car to my local dealer and he said it was a short in the system and they would have to change the complete wiring harness at the cost of about a $1000.00. He indicated they do not trouble shoot the system because it was too costly in terms of their staff and the likelihood the harness would have to be changed anyway. I thought this was too expensive so I brought the car home. It has been a great vehicle. One owner, 135000 miles. Well I found this problem mentioned in a on line chat room and the person said he fixed the problem by checking under the seat and to look for crimped wires or anything that would cause a problem. I looked under the seat and I had put my cd`s there in a carrier. I removed the carrier and noticed some of the wires behind the carrier under the seat looked a bit crimped and so I straighten them out a bit. Well 4 days laughter the system has worked perfectly every time. So if any of you have this problem take a moment to look under the seat and see if you might have an issue like I had. Might save a lot of money.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Nicely done. Bet you'll have a $1000 grin every time you drive by that dealer. :D

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,931 Posts
If the problem comes back get the Honda specific code read (either Honda specific code reader or OBD2 port jumper method). The issue on mine was a faulty switch on the driver side seatbelt latch. A good vacuuming and a few drops of isopropyl alcohol resolved that problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts