Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first time on this forum, so please be nice to me! I have a 2005 Honda Pilot with a driver's side power seat issue.

The first thing to happen was the front two controls (slide and front incline/decline) went out. I checked the #2 and #4 fuses on the interior passenger's side. They were fine. I also checked the exterior fuses for posterity, they were also fine.

I purchased a completely new power seat switch, and was having the same issue with the front two controls. At some point during the fumbling process, the back two controls stopped working. So, at this point the power seat didn't work at all. I returned the new switched because it was like $80.

I pulled the seat out and checked all the motors by attaching certain terminals to the 12-volt using a wiring diagram I found on this website. They were all fine. (This is actually how I've been adjusting the seat lately, it feels pretty janky when people at my apartment complex see me with my jumper cables hot-wiring my seat.)

I carefully checked all the wire harnesses. They were all fine. I did continuity checks on the switch while it was plugged into the seat. Also all fine. I cleaned the terminals of the wire harnesses using some electrical component cleaner I got at Autozone.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do from here. There's a local junkyard that has a 2005 Pilot, but it's been there since November so I'm sure it has been pretty much gutted. I've found some reasonably priced power seat wire assemblies on ebay, but I don't want to buy them unless I'm sure it will solve the problem. Please help!

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,299 Posts
If your power supply is constant, and your able to jump your seat motors bypassing the switches, i'd think it needs new switches.

Reactions: Pedro125

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,299 Posts
That's what I thought too, but I did purchase a new switch and had the same problem.
If you have power coming in, might check any ground connections. Inspect, clean any corrosion on contact points. Clean connectors with CRC Electronic Cleaner. Make sure there are no bent prongs in the connector.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,360 Posts
When you checked the fuses did you use your eyes or a continuity meter? The latter is the better method since hairline fractures may be difficult to see.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Have you checked main engine compartment fuse box #11?
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Additionally when you performed continuity checks (ohm meter) on the switch assembly and seat wiring did you have battery negative disconnected?

Have you used a voltmeter to read voltages at the seat wire harness as you press the seat control buttons? Do the voltages correlate with the expected values?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.