Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m trying to find what motor in my aunts 05 Honda Pilot driver seat isn’t working. It doesn’t slide back and forth anymore when the controls are used. We already replace the 40A fuse and it didn’t affect anything. Is there anything else that it could be? Open to ideas

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
If the passenger seat has similar controls use that as your reference. Otherwise try to follow the wiring from the switch to the motor.
Have you measured the voltages at the motor connectors? This would verify the switch is outputting the appropriate signal when pressed.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Additionally the harness wrapped in yellow tape is part of the SRS (airbag) system. Do not dis(connect) it without first disconnecting battery negative AND waiting for five minutes.

And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Additionally the harness wrapped in yellow tape is part of the SRS (airbag) system. Do not dis(connect) it without first disconnecting battery negative AND waiting for five minutes.

And welcome to the forum.

So I checked the voltage at the connector for motor 3 on my diagram and when I push the control for that motor, the voltage goes up. I'm assuming this means the motor needs to be replaced but I just want to make sure that's the correct solution for this problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
If that's the case, why did that one motor burn out in the first place? So be sure to carefully check for obstructions, like a coin, screw or nut, debris, etc. in the track and elsewhere. Also, ask your aunt if she was in the habit of storing something under the seat, like a handbag or something.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
So I checked the voltage at the connector for motor 3 on my diagram and when I push the control for that motor, the voltage goes up. I'm assuming this means the motor needs to be replaced but I just want to make sure that's the correct solution for this problem.

Thanks
So if you push the button one way you get positive voltage? And if you push the button the other way the voltage polarity changes? I don’t have a wiring diagram for this, but if the motor has a two pin connector then this is how it should work.

As mentioned above check for obstructions or signs of obstructions. If you end up taking the motor out smell it. Does it smell like something electrical fried?

Also check the connectors for signs of overheating (wire insulation turning brown) and for corrosion on the electrical contacts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if you push the button one way you get positive voltage? And if you push the button the other way the voltage polarity changes? I don’t have a wiring diagram for this, but if the motor has a two pin connector then this is how it should work.

As mentioned above check for obstructions or signs of obstructions. If you end up taking the motor out smell it. Does it smell like something electrical fried?

Also check the connectors for signs of overheating (wire insulation turning brown) and for corrosion on the electrical contacts.
So i'm going to have to end up replacing the seat motor but I have no idea what the proper motor for her car is called, any suggestions on what it is because I don't want to waste 100$ on the wrong product

1 - 8 of 8 Posts