Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side power windows stopped working in my wife's favorite vehicle 2005 pilot EXL. All other window were working without glitch. I heard a "click" sound from black window controller unit when pressing on the switch but no other sound or action followed. The courtesy light located in the lower door section was connected and working. As I learnt from other posts this light must be connected for the driver window to work. I took apart the door panel and noticed that connector going to the windows motor was covered heavily in yellow, sticky substance. I have no idea what caused it. I cleaned the yellow staff with electric cleaner. Similar yellow staff, in much smaller quantity, was on the connector that plugs into black windows controller. I also cleaned it with electric cleaner. I sprayed all other connectors with the cleaner, connected all connectors before replacing the door panel and to my amazement the window is working now. Put everything together still works. Hopefully this window will work for another 2-3 years we planned to hold on to this Pilot. Right now it has 178k. We bought it from the first owner at 140k 2 years ago. Timing belt replaced by the dealer at 108k. No problems so far other than above described power window plus driver seat heater stopped working. Changing synthetic oil and filter every 6k, flashed transmission oil with Motorcraft fluid, replaced battery and serpentine belt. I also replaced headlamps with aftermarket since original provided very little light due to lens deterioration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m guessing that may have been dilectric grease which is used to prevent moisture.
I was also thinking about grease but why Honda would use it on one connector only and not the others in the same area? It looked to me that the plastic sheet under the panel was never removed before so the grease would have to come from factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts