Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my 2005 Honda Pilot today when driving home on the highway the D started flashing it seemed to drive him but I’m worried, I’m looking at buying a decent scan tool would a scan tool for around $200 be able to pull Honda transmission codes??? Have any of you ever had the symptom of the D flashing before?? The dipstick doesn’t have a low or a hot section or anything just 2 dots and the fluid is right in the middle, I’ll probably drain about 4 quarts and replace it with oem Honda fluid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Change fluids x3 fixed mine if no other problems are present.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,947 Posts
Typical fix for the flashing D is to replace the 3rd and/or 4th gear pressure switches. There are many threads on this topic.

If you don’t have a Honda specific scan tool there is a way to flash the major code (but not subcode) on the dash lights. I think the instructions for how to do that is in one of the flashing D threads.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Typical fix for the flashing D is to replace the 3rd and/or 4th gear pressure switches. There are many threads on this topic.

If you don’t have a Honda specific scan tool there is a way to flash the major code (but not subcode) on the dash lights. I think the instructions for how to do that is in one of the flashing D threads.
I had the same thing happen two or three times on a 2005 TL. it was intermittent and rarely occurred, so I let it be. This was a car that I had changed the transmission fluid every second oil change on, so I knew it wasn’t from fluid-borne contaminants. Kept the car until 200,000 miles when I traded it in, and the transmission shifted with perfectly butter smooth shifted every time. If your experience is similar, I’d leave it alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts