Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclamer : I am just reporting what I read on a web-site.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/funstuff/honda2003.htm states :

2005 Pickup
Confirmed - Honda confirms pickup truck for 2005 release. Yet unnamed, this truck will be about the size of a Dodge Dakota and it will be built off of the unibody frame of the Pilot/MDX.

·
Registered
305 Posts
A pickup with a unibody frame defeats its own purpose, IMHO.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well since they said it will be built off the Pilot platform it will be light duty. A unibody frame would probably be ok in that application. It sure won't be a heavy duty one ton.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just hope this pickup won't have the exact front look as pilot.

·
Registered
393 Posts
timchen said:
I just hope this pickup won't have the exact front look as pilot.
Yeah, me too. I'd hope they didn't go the cheap design route and copy the drawings from the Pilot and add a bed to the back.:eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pilot4Biking said:

Yeah, me too. I'd hope they didn't go the cheap design route and copy the drawings from the Pilot and add a bed to the back.:eek:

You mean like this?? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pilot4Biking said:

thats probably what they will do though

·
Registered
393 Posts
Subaru Baja

ramirami said:

thats probably what they will do though
That's what Subaru already did with this...

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
That Pilot EXT picture is hillarious! I agree-a unibody "pickup" will never compete with the full frame jobs from Ford, GM, Dodge, Toyota and coming soon...Nissan.

·
Registered
747 Posts
tledjazz said:
That Pilot EXT picture is hillarious! I agree-a unibody "pickup" will never compete with the full frame jobs from Ford, GM, Dodge, Toyota and coming soon...Nissan.
I don't completely agree. Unit body can be pretty strong too. If they beef up the frame enough. Of course they can't compete with body on frame designed for some really heavy duty jobs. But what's the percentage of pickup ever did any back breaking heavy duty jobs in their lifetime? How many pickups ever replace their truck bed? Not many, I said.

So Honda again is after the mainstream, the easy money.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can't wait...

I'm hoping that Honda keeps the 4 full size doors and the bed proportional with the rest of the truck (similar to the Explorer SportTrac). Can't wait to see it.

Love the idea of a Pilot ride with a bed. I don't need to do F-250 type hauling, but I'll be very curious to see how much crap can be added into the bed before the back tires start scrubbing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts