Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had heads professionally rebuilt and shaved on my 2005. In the process I changed quite a few addition parts while I had it torn down. (Water pump, idler, belts, Knocks sensor, plugs, injectors, oil change, radiator flush..) Vehicle is running very well but i keep getting check engine light, triangle warning light and vtm4 light displayed. Bluedriver scanner comes up 171 and 174 - fuel system to lean banks one and 2. Any ideas???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check the rubber air intake from the air box to the throttle body for deteriation and or holes. Start looking for vacuum leaks. Something is causing the fuel air mixture to get deluted with air. Your pilot is 15 years old and the rubber in all those little vacuum hoses around the engine start to leak. I changed all of mine as a set and gained over 2 inches of vacuum.

Let us know what you find.

Gill

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the rubber air intake from the air box to the throttle body for deteriation and or holes. Start looking for vacuum leaks. Something is causing the fuel air mixture to get deluted with air. Your pilot is 15 years old and the rubber in all those little vacuum hoses around the engine start to leak. I changed all of mine as a set and gained over 2 inches of vacuum.

Let us know what you find.

Gill
Thank you Gill. I will keep you posted after i get back into this weekend. I was thinking possibly that i didnt install a seal or o'ring somewhere when I reassembled everything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts