Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids have inherited our 2005 EXL (198k!), The high pressure line developed a leak around the crimp, time for a new one. Any hints or tips? I'm not finding much searching. Driveway is a mess right now and I can't really get under it to look.

I am going to grab the Honda line (#4 in the diagram). I dont like dealing with an aftermarket part to find out it doesn't fit. Online the line is about $100, not terrible. It appears to come with the o-ring (23) too. Is that the o-ring that people change due to aeration/noise? I dont really see any other rings in the system.

Also does that PS pressure switch (10) come out ok or should I just get one with the hose? I don't want to tie the car up waiting for parts. I already have Honda PS fluid on hand.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,894 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,378 Posts
I have seen threads where the poster has said it’s a very tight fit on the other side of the high pressure line. I’ll see if I can locate it.

Reactions: BonzoHansen

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,378 Posts
Hope this helps you out.

Reactions: BonzoHansen

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
100 Posts
My kids have inherited our 2005 EXL (198k!), The high pressure line developed a leak around the crimp, time for a new one. Any hints or tips? I'm not finding much searching. Driveway is a mess right now and I can't really get under it to look.

I am going to grab the Honda line (#4 in the diagram). I dont like dealing with an aftermarket part to find out it doesn't fit. Online the line is about $100, not terrible. It appears to come with the o-ring (23) too. Is that the o-ring that people change due to aeration/noise? I dont really see any other rings in the system.

Also does that PS pressure switch (10) come out ok or should I just get one with the hose? I don't want to tie the car up waiting for parts. I already have Honda PS fluid on hand.

View attachment 145260
I have seen threads where the poster has said it’s a very tight fit on the other side of the high pressure line. I’ll see if I can locate it.
I had a problem with my ps hose I took it to a place where they make and repair hoses they used my fittings from my hose and placed a new hose $40 took 1 day maybe you can do what I did

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope this helps you out.
thanks, it does. too bad the pics are gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts