Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to spruce up the rear of the Pilot and I go Mountain Biking a lot. So rather than fling the bikes inside the cargo area I picked up a hitch.

Pretty straight forward installation. I had to drop the exhaust and retap the holes but other than that super simple.

I thought that the trailer harness came with it but it didn't. So I'll be adding that next.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Got my wiring harness from e-trailer. Simple install but I modified the instructions to have the 4 pin connector remains outside under Pilot rather than accessing the connector from inside the rear storage area. Cut open a nearby rubber grommet pushed the connector through then sealed the incision with silicone sealant. I don’t plan to tow but when i do I’ll be ready. I use an LED hitch light that comes on with the brake lights.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,198 Posts
I use an LED hitch light that comes on with the brake lights.
Is it as kewl as this dude's dood?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my wiring harness from e-trailer. Simple install but I modified the instructions to have the 4 pin connector remains outside under Pilot rather than accessing the connector from inside the rear storage area. Cut open a nearby rubber grommet pushed the connector through then sealed the incision with silicone sealant. I don’t plan to tow but when i do I’ll be ready. I use an LED hitch light that comes on with the brake lights.
oh nice i was wondering about A/M harnesses since the OEM one requires a little bit of cutting...Imma have to check that one out

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

wow you know I thought about removing the H as im 95% sure someone will steal it

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

Wow that skull is awesome but probably will attract the wrong type of dates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts