Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My driver seat heat is not working. The switch works as it shows it's on but I'm not getting any heat. What would be the best way to troubleshoot the cause? TIA

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If you can find the electrical diagram disconnect the harnesses at the various points and measure voltages and/or resistances. My first guess is there is an open circuit on the driver heater pad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can find the electrical diagram disconnect the harnesses at the various points and measure voltages and/or resistances. My first guess is there is an open circuit on the driver heater pad.
Thanks for the info, I'm guessing it's also the pad itself too because there is a tare in seat and might have been exposed.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Take the car to an upholstery shop. They can take the covers off and replace the element. If your seat has gotten vinyl cracks on the side, they can fix that at the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the car to an upholstery shop. They can take the covers off and replace the element. If your seat has gotten vinyl cracks on the side, they can fix that at the same time.
I'll have to look one up in my area and get a quote. If it's an expensive job then I'll just buy a new or used bottom seat and new heating element.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts