Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2005 EX-L - Can’t stop random alarm triggers

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Srcabeza 
#1 ·
Alarm goes off randomly, usually at night annoying neighbors. I’m happy to simply disable it permanently, but can’t figure out how to do so.

I’ve disconnected the hood sensor, as that was show as most common culprit? Doesn’t appear there is a single fuse to remove or wire to disconnect. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Disconnecting the hood latch switch doesn't bypass the alarm.

Bypassing the alarm is not much harder though. All you have to do is jump that connector so that the car thinks the hood is always open and never arms the alarm.

#4 ·
Second only to the hood latch sensor, the tailgate latch sensor is also often the culprit.

Sometimes, just tightening the latch's hidden Philips screws will do the trick, instead of replacing or disconnecting the tailgate latch sensor, so try that first. It doesn't cost a penny to try that first.

But before you do all that, tighten the loose screws you may have on your rear latch. It's a well-kept secret. :D

Rattle/Squeak from rear of hatch
Well, I have been ignoring it for quite a while and finally did something about it. At first I heard a chirping, light random squeak over some bumps from what I thought was the rear wiper area. It sounded like the motor bolts were loose (IMO). I put it off and figured if it got worse I would...

#6 ·
Second only to the hood latch sensor, the tailgate latch sensor is also often the culprit.

Sometimes, just tightening the latch's hidden Philips screws will do the trick, instead of replacing or disconnecting the tailgate latch sensor, so try that first. It doesn't cost a penny to try that first.

Thanks for the tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.