Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Long time lurker first time poster. Have a 2005 EX that was given to us by our in laws after they racked up 220k highway miles driving around to see grand kids. I have put 50k more miles on it and its still runs like a champ. (They bought a brand new pilot). Had my grease monkey redo the rear wheel bearings last month which were humming pretty bad and after he did I had all the lights pop up (VTM/VSA/ Check Engine/Maintenance etc). I decided to purchase new ABS sensors just to be safe. After putting them in I still had the lights. Upon inspecting things further I saw that there was a broken line on the back of the female connector in the rear where the right wheel sensor cable connects into the main harness. Just got off the phone with Honda and they are telling me the main harness is special order $225 harness that I would have to run all the way to the front of the vehicle. Not a fun option..

Question - is there any reason I couldn't just splice the the two lines together? Meaning directly splice the ABS sensor wire to the main harness wire. I am only hoping to get another year or two out of this thing. Any thoughts appreciated

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
If you have decent soldering skills I would definitely give it a try. Use adhesive lined heat shrink tubing to cover the splice and keep it dry.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,298 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

I see you have already received some good advice on resolving the issue.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow this is great. I have no soldering skills to speak of - so definitely would be looking at using this. Thx!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely will check those out. Forum has been very helpful so far.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
Here's a handy little innovation on that.

That looks like cheating to me.🤣. I’ve seen those but haven’t given them a try.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts