Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

Registered
OK, I'll be gentle here- That was NOT corrosion! And, those were NOT the intake manifold ports! Yes, they were the EGR ports.
What did he do about the gasket? Re use it?

It's hilarious- OK, I guess I'm jealous- he can make a video- get enough watches he makes money- when he's spewing total BS about the names of things like carbon/blow by build up and calling it corrosion? And calling the EGR ports the intake manifold ports? No correction, no disclaimer. If this was your video- not trying to be rude, but c'mon man.

Some of the YouTubes I see are so FOS, and people watch them! Hey, I just watched this one didn't I? LOL
What do you expect from Peter from Rowland Heights? But yeah, wish there were a good EGR port cleaning video with accurate vocabulary. In the meantime, guess we'll have to watch it with the sound off. :p

The 2005 radiator is known to be defective. I wouldn't 2nd guess it. Just replace.
And I 2nd this. :)

Flooring the car, in a safe manner/location, every once in a while is not a bad thing. It helps to remove carbon deposits.
In fact, with the past winter of mostly low-key grocery getting, I occasionally made a point of going to a supermarket farther afield down some highways, just so I could give my Pilot the Italian tuneups it yearned for. It's like taking your dog to a dog park or a big field if all it usually gets is a walk around the block on a leash. After getting VTEC to engage yo, if my Pilot had an articulated tail, I felt as if it would be wagging it and thanking me.

Registered
What do you expect from Peter from Rowland Heights? But yeah, wish there were a good EGR port cleaning video with accurate vocabulary. In the meantime, guess we'll have to watch it with the sound off. :p
Exactly why I aint makin any videos. Yaw'd be givin me a hard time bout the way I sound and won'drin what I just said. Lol 馃

Registered
It's like taking your dog to a dog park or a big field if all it usually gets is a walk around the block on a leash.
My dog likes to chase squirrels, as well as the neighbor's cat if it ever strays into our yard.
Unlike the neighbor's dog, she's smart enough not to chase skunks.

Registered
Exactly why I aint makin any videos. Yaw'd be givin me a hard time bout the way I sound and won'drin what I just said. Lol 馃
I have friends in Texas. Personally, I love the drawl.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Flooring the car, in a safe manner/location, every once in a while is not a bad thing. It helps to remove carbon deposits.
1. Do a drain and refill of the transmission fluid. One drain and refill changes about one-third of the fluid.
2. The AWD system sends power to the rear wheels anytime you accelerate, so it's always been in use.
Therefore, change the fluid.
3. Change the brake fluid - it's supposed to be done every three years.
4. If the radiator is original, consider replacing it. The radiator was a known weak point on the 2005 Pilots.
Radiator failure could allow coolant and transmission fluid to mix, potentially ruining the transmission.
5. Check/replace the pollen/cabin air filter.
and it鈥檚 showing P2422 solenoid valve stuck open/closed. It has never come on, maybe it鈥檚 like that because it has been sitting more than normal?

Registered
Isn't the "yaw'd" where @Daltongang uses his lawn mowah.
Whereas the yahd is where @xGS'd pahk his cah. Or thaahbouts. Maybe picking up a grindah on his way to a tag sale.

If you're trying to hear it in your head, it sounds like a blend of Mayor Quimby and Martha Stewart. :)

Registered
Reactions: plplplpl

Registered
2006 EX-L (Should be an EX-V, 'cuz vinyl, lol)
Whereas the yahd is where @xGS'd pahk his cah. Or thaahbouts. Maybe picking up a grindah on his way to a tag sale.

If you're trying to hear it in your head, it sounds like a blend of Mayor Quimby and Martha Stewart. :)
Whatevs, dude. I park my car in the driveway so I don't kill the grass. ;):LOL:

Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
I just think it's funny how for a long time, people thought that if you were from Texas, you automatically road a horse, had cows and owned oil wells. I'm sure John Wayne movies had something to do with it. smirk
And....If you were from Louisiana you went to school in a pirogue and had alligators in your back yard (the bayou) Fact is- there are Many More Alligators around people in Florida! I was shocked when I saw a 12 footer swimming in a creek as I was waiting to get into Disney back of house to build some Subway restaurants. Yes they have tunnels at Disney World where the cast members have restaurants and changing rooms and easy access to the different parks. Just in case you were wondering! ;) lol

Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
I just think it's funny how for a long time, people thought that if you were from Texas, you automatically road a horse, had cows and owned oil wells. I'm sure John Wayne movies had something to do with it. smirk
First the Duke was from Iowa, not Texas. Pease do not insult the Duke. (This be yor one an only warning on the matter pilgrim)

Secondly, we do not put horse flesh into our ROADS when they are being constructed or repaired. We do ride horses, like the one that I RODE yesterday.

Third, Oil wells are generally owned by a large conglomerate oil company or a smaller wildcat company. They own the oil wells, the land owners that the wells are on just lease out their mineral rights to what is under the ground to them and take a share of the profits that might be generated. Sometimes the land owner does not own the mineral rights so the owner of the mineral rights are gets their share of the profits, not the land owner.

City boys, y'all need to get off them 75 mile an hour curvy highways onto some of them there county roads and meet the heart of this nation. Y'all would be in fer a heap a leaning. 馃

21 - 40 of 78 Posts