Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We have had our Pilot for a while & it has always been OK in the winter but I have found the AWD is only really helpful for not getting stuck rather than any use for for cornering. Is it normal that it just understeers as any front wheel drive would? I can get the power to go the rear but only if you really jump on the gas to get the fronts spinning (only tested at fairly slow speeds in an open area obviously on snow/ice).

I changed the rear fluid when we got it a few years ago & it looked OK. It takes off from a standstill OK without just spinning the front wheels & will lock up with the VTM button as it says in the book. Just wondering if the system is supposed to react quicker & if so would wheel speed sensors or something need replacing?

I don't think this has the VSA system as I've never felt it braking during slippy conditions or seen any lights come on (no button on the dash either but I don't if Canada spec cars do).

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
From the manual:
If the indicator does not come on
when the ignition switch is turned to
the ON (II) position, there may be a
problem with the VSA system. Have
your dealer inspect your vehicle as
soon as possible.

Without VSA, your vehicle will have
normal braking and cornering ability,
but it will not have VSA traction and
stability enhancement.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Aha, I found this from the 2005 manual. Do you have an EX-L? If not, it appears you don't have VSA. Perhaps other 2005 owners can verify this.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha, I found this from the 2005 manual. Do you have an EX-L? If not, it appears you don't have VSA. Perhaps other 2005 owners can verify this.
I think it is just an EX so that would explain it. Any input on how quickly the rear end drive should kick in?

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts