Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone- I always get good advice when I ask this group a qustion, thanks! I have a 2005 with 120K on it. Today in Boston was the first real hot day of the year (85 degress) and I noticed the AC was not as cold as I remember it was last year. The AC has never been serviced on my car, its probably not unusual for this to happen to a 16 year old Pilot? Do you think a simple freon (or whatever they use now) charge will suffice? Can a regular mechanic test to make sure there are no leaks or should I find an AC shop? thanks!

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Hi everyone- I always get good advice when I ask this group a qustion, thanks! I have a 2005 with 120K on it. Today in Boston was the first real hot day of the year (85 degress) and I noticed the AC was not as cold as I remember it was last year. The AC has never been serviced on my car, its probably not unusual for this to happen to a 16 year old Pilot? Do you think a simple freon (or whatever they use now) charge will suffice? Can a regular mechanic test to make sure there are no leaks or should I find an AC shop? thanks!
Yes, a mechanic can put the gauges on it, check the freon level, inspect/test for leaks. Add freon if needed. I would avoid adding any stop leak.

Reactions: ConrodM and aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts
Just to be sure, make sure your heater control valve is not stuck on or near high. Then, even if your A/C is functioning properly, it might come out lukewarm because of heat & and A/C combined. Yes, the mix motor should help control that, but check that valve anyway, just to be sure. It sometimes gets stuck or the screw needs to be tightened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts