Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Love my 2005 Pilot however my 6 disk changer keeps trying to eject the CD's after the car is completely turned off for hours and even days.

Does anyone have this problem?

Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Please help! I had to pull the fuse to shut it off and would like the use of my radio back when I'm driving.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,237 Posts
First thing to check is if perhaps your CD EJECT button is jammed in. Jiggle it around a little and maybe even spray some electronic contact cleaner / lubricant. I had gotten mine at Radio Shack when that was still a thing.

The inside tiny plastic angled extension behind the faceplate of my DVD eject button broke, and ultimately a tiny hole had to be drilled through the faceplate directly vis-à-vis the actual eject button inside on the DVD player behind the faceplate, through which I now insert a tiny screwdriver shaft to touch the DVD eject button inside. I keep the tiny screwdrive in the "not an ashtray." I suppose I could order a replacement plastic button with an intact little plastic angled extension, or perhaps it's sold only as part of the entire OEM faceplate, but for the times I actually change DVDs, my workaround works just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts