Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/parts/extension/pilot/03pilot.htm

College Hills Honda's Website above lists two fender flare kits (2003 and 2004), aside from the $53.75 difference in price and the difference in the number of pieces in each kit, has anyone been able to visually confirm a difference in appearance? Where do the additional 4 pieces go?

I have my Taffeta White Pilot EX-L almost a year now and I am preparing for some accessories. The flares are actually the first items on my list being from NYC with all the wild "door openers" in the parking lots here.

I agree that the 2003 flares cold be a little "beefier" and if the 2004's achieve that, then my purchase will be made shortly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Croccan

I contacted College Hills Honda recently to inquire about the difference between the 2003 and 2004 flares. The dealer indicated that the flares are not yet available, so he isn't sure yet about the differences. He said to check back soon.

I'll keep up and re-post when I get more info. I have a white EX-L coming next week, and I think it would be a good add-on if they are more pronounded than the 2004s. Just wish they were a little less expensive.:headshak:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NYGAgirl said:
Croccan

I contacted College Hills Honda recently to inquire about the difference between the 2003 and 2004 flares. The dealer indicated that the flares are not yet available, so he isn't sure yet about the differences. He said to check back soon.

I'll keep up and re-post when I get more info. I have a white EX-L coming next week, and I think it would be a good add-on if they are more pronounded than the 2004s. Just wish they were a little less expensive.:headshak:

Thanks!

True, they seem expensive, but I would hate to see that first dent where some unruly little brat (or whomever) swings their door open and my EX-L's on the receiving end when I could have had the flares receive the brunt of the beating. I also like the look of the MDX's I see around with the flares. I have yet to see any Pilots with the flares here in Staten Island (or any where in NYC, for that matter).

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too have been keeping my eye on the availability of the new fender flares. (My Pilot is supposed to arrive the week of 10/6.) The only information I have been able to find is the installation instructions for the 2004 flares which are posted here.

There is some value in comparing them with the 2003 flare instructions posted here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fender Flares are HERE!

Just a quick note to let you know the 2004 flares have been shipped and I am expecting them next week. I ordered them from College Hills Honda.

Hopefully I will get a chance to install them by next weekend. It looks like I'm the guinea pig, so I'll post photos. Remember, I'm counting on these flares to balance the slight stick-out of my new wheel package, so I will be pretty critical of how aggressive the 2004 flares are compared to the boring 2003 flares. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Saw the pics of the 04 flares much more refined than 03 kits.
I noticed a flare kit on a dark green mdx that was kind of a deep brown/gold. real nice. Custom Paint or different stock colors?? Anyone know?

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Emailed the guys at College Hill Honda they indicated the fender flare for the 2004 will fit the 2003. I believe the additional 4 pieces on the 2004 extend down the wheel well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts