Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing a few posts/articles alluding to upgrades to the Pilot for 2004.

Here is something from an automotive guy at the Washington Post:

"Germantown, Md.: Is it true that 2004 Honda Pilot will have a lot more upgrades? When will 2004 Honda Pilot be on the market?

Warren Brown: Yes, and so will the practically identical 2004 Acura MDX. "

I'm in no hurry to purchase and will probably wait for the 2004's if they really have some new features/options.

If anyone has details on the 2004 model year, I would appreciate any insights. Thanks.

Here is the link to the Washington Post article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/liveonline/03/regular/business/r_business_brown020503.htm

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wouldn't read too much into that at this point. It was debunked in another thread. Search "Warren Brown" and you'll see what I mean.

I did see something on changes for the 2004 Pilot being mostly in the "electrical" area. Whether that means a different radio, as some have postulated, and/or the 2nd gen NAVI now in Accords and MDX, I don't have positive confirmation on. Here's where I saw that potential change:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/funstuff/honda2003.htm

MSN listed what's going on with 2004s. The only vehicle manufacturer notably missing was Honda. Even teasers were there for Acura.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
kemosabe said:
...and no, it wasn't yours truly who submitted that question to Mr. Warren Brown... :headshak: ;)
But it IS where Kemotown was put on the map. :29:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Where are my manners?!

Welcome Diemsea! Glad to see you here!
Are you a Pilot owner, shopper, other? Sounds like maybe you're waiting for the '04's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. This is a great site. I'm shopping for a Honda Pilot. I had my order in for a Volvo XC90 but changed my mind and think I'll go with the pilot. I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the Volvo and there are a couple things that bother me about the XC90 including the 4 speed transmission with the 6 cylinder engine and the reports of quality problems.

I want to find out what Honda will offer in 2004 before I decide when to buy. I would really like heated seats and heated mirrors and read a rumor that Honda might offer these on the 04 Pilot. Dealers in my area are also still trying to charge a premium above MSRP and I refuse to pay that out of principle so I'm holding off for a while.

I'm going to make an effort to track down 2004 info on the Pilot and I'll post whatever I find out.

BTW, this site is a lot better than the forums I've seen for the Volvo XC 90.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Diemsea said:
Thanks for the welcome. This is a great site. I'm shopping for a Honda Pilot. I had my order in for a Volvo XC90 but changed my mind and think I'll go with the pilot. I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the Volvo and there are a couple things that bother me about the XC90 including the 4 speed transmission with the 6 cylinder engine and the reports of quality problems.

I want to find out what Honda will offer in 2004 before I decide when to buy. I would really like heated seats and heated mirrors and read a rumor that Honda might offer these on the 04 Pilot. Dealers in my area are also still trying to charge a premium above MSRP and I refuse to pay that out of principle so I'm holding off for a while.

I'm going to make an effort to track down 2004 info on the Pilot and I'll post whatever I find out.

BTW, this site is a lot better than the forums I've seen for the Volvo XC 90.
Welcome to our Pilot clan!! There have been a few rumors floating around here that the '04 US Pilot will have both the heated seats and mirrors. For many, that will be a welcome addition. Also rumor of possibly making the 6-CD changer standard.

Interesting comment about the Volvo forum!!! Any particulars? Some people here have expressed varying degrees of frustration of our group, but I feel we have a great cross-section of people which always adds to the diversity of the conversations.

Enjoy the forums and hope your final decision leads you to Pilot-Land!!

:7:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts