Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just spoke with my dealer today. He has the changes for the 04 Pilot.

Drum roll please.......

The 04 changes are limited to the EX-L. It will now have heated rearview mirrors and heated seats.

05, the EX will see an in-dash 6 disk changer.

No other changes at this time. A sunroof "is still being studied." This is straight from Honda.

Thought you guys would want to know.

ncelk

03 EX-L

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ncelk said:

03 EX-L
just remember the "grain of salt" since it has come from a dealer....:3: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
I'll believe it when I hear it straight from Honda-

·
Registered
570 Posts
This info is straight from Honda. He read the memo from them over the phone to me.

That's fine, just letting you guys know.

In my 10 years of dealing with this dealer, they have never given me misinformation before. If you guys have dealers that you have relationships with, they all got the same memo.

ncelk

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ncelk said:

Drum roll please.......

The 04 changes are limited to the EX-L. It will now have heated rearview mirrors and heated seats.

No other changes at this time. A sunroof "is still being studied." This is straight from Honda.

ncelk

03 EX-L

Well, FLORIDA_GUY, if the above news is indeed verified by Honda, does this mean you'll go ahead and buy a 2003 Pilot, probably at a big discount!? Or are you still too concerned about possible quirks???? :confused:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sorry to keep posting.

But also, the dealer knows that I spend a lot of time on this board and specifically called me as soon as he got the info so I could let you guys know asap.

I believe what he is saying is 100% correct. Also, Odyssey gets the 6 disk in dash changer in 05.

Hope all this gives you guys some good info.

ncelk

03 TW EX-L

·
Registered
283 Posts
It would make since for dealers to start hearing news of new models now. Since in a few months o4's will be hitting the lots.

At least it's some news about the 04's rather than no news at all

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ncelk said:
This info is straight from Honda. He read the memo from them over the phone to me.

That's fine, just letting you guys know.

In my 10 years of dealing with this dealer, they have never given me misinformation before. If you guys have dealers that you have relationships with, they all got the same memo.

ncelk
any thing about price...is it going up??:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
According to my contact, pricing will not be determined until the 04 vehicles start to ship.

He told me that Honda wants to hold the line on price as much as possible, however he also told me that if the past is any indication, there will be a slight increase in MSRP on the 04.

So it is really up in the air. Apperently, Honda is very tight about pricing until the last minute.

ncelk
03 TW EX-L

·
Registered
241 Posts
'04

What would really be nice is for Honda to pay attention to things that should be there standard from the factory, such as a complete roof rack and an insulated quiet ride, before they start gouging for more options.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ncelk said:

Drum roll please.......

ncelk

03 EX-L
I have to wonder about the Nav System. It might not appear on the memo because it's not new. I had heard that the '04 Pilot Nav was going to be enhanced to match the MDX.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nav was never mentioned on the memo that he read to me.

The only Pilot mentions were what I posted.

Stands to reason that it would be upgraded, in light of it being in the new Accord and MDX, but who knows.

He also mentioned that Honda has responded to dealer gripes about the current Civic SI hatchback. It will be coming with larger wheels and an aerodynamic package and a bit more power.

Nothing else was mentioed RE: Accord, Civic or others.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ncelk said:
Nav was never mentioned on the memo that he read to me.

The only Pilot mentions were what I posted.

Stands to reason that it would be upgraded, in light of it being in the new Accord and MDX, but who knows.

This is my thinking as well but if I were to find out that this assumption is not correct it would very likely change my time table for buying the Pilot.

Thanks for the response and for posting the memo info.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
florida_guy said:

This is my thinking as well but if I were to find out that this assumption is not correct it would very likely change my time table for buying the Pilot.

Thanks for the response and for posting the memo info.
hey..am I reading between the lines or have you decided on buying a pilot ??:rolleyes: :2:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ramirami said:

hey..am I reading between the lines or have you decided on buying a pilot ??:rolleyes: :2:
It is certainly the strong leading contender but I have not completely eliminated the Highlander from contention yet. I am not seriously considering anything else though, at the moment. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
florida_guy said:

It is certainly the strong leading contender but I have not completely eliminated the Highlander from contention yet. I am not seriously considering anything else though, at the moment. :)
If you buy highlander . Please don't forget to express your biased opinions . :2:

·
Registered
920 Posts
florida_guy said:

Are you kidding me??? Has this guy really posted 424 times and does not even HAVE a Pilot??? Please man, get a hobby!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts