Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a bad driver side, windows regulator/motor and replaced it with new one.

During the replacement process, I had disconnected battery as I was working at my leisure (took few days).

In order to move the windows glass frame attachment location, I re-connected pilot's battery and then plugged regulator/motor connector and windows switches.

Driver side window didn't respond, but other windows were working fine (from Driver switch and also from their respective door switches).

Just to make sure there is no loose end (for driver side window motor not working), I unplugged all and reconnected again.

Now, none of the windows are working from driver side switch or their respective door switches.

I first thought may be power, but I see "Auto" light on the switch. I checked fuse (40A) and seems to be OK.

Thought's what I may be missing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I recently replaced mine and got it working with help from Road2cycle. Read this thread.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
A few thoughts:
1) Did you confirm the old window regulator actually failed? The master switch and/or wiring could have been bad instead of the window regulator.
2) Did you make sure all connectors fully seated (i.e. did they click) when you reconnected everything?
3) What position is the window enable on the driver master window switch?

I’d also consider that you could have broken wires in the rubber boot between the driver’s door and chassis, but that would seem more probable if the initial issue was none of the windows working from the driver master window switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like one of the connector (window lock) was not clicked in fully. Now remaining 3 windows are working but not the driver side regulator/motor I replaced.

I see "Auto" light on the switch, turned on.

Is it regulator/motor that may be bad?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Did you test the window regulator that you pulled out? This will be a useful clue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you test the window regulator that you pulled out? This will be a useful clue.
Not sure how to try it out. But the connector that goes to regulator is way too greasy. Not sure if it is supposed to be that way.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Check YouTube for how to test the window regulator.

For the grease wipe it off the electrical contacts since it’s likely dielectric grease which is electrically nonconductive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tested harness that connects to window regulator and motor (6 pin connector).
Following are the voltages:
1) Ground and white: 11.04 (up), 10.9 (down)
2) Ground and yellow: 4.99 to 5.00 (up or down)

Seems like low voltages.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Measure these:
Battery positive to battery negative. This will give you a baseline of what battery voltage is.

Power window control unit Green to chassis. Measure chassis inside cabin and not on driver door for all measurements. Should be battery voltage. If not check passenger side fuse 1.

PWCU white/yellow to chassis. Should be battery voltage with key turned two clicks.

Motor blue/white to blue/red when switch pressed up. Repeat when switch pressed down.

Measure resistance from PWCU black to chassis. Should be close to 0.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
When pressing switch the key must be turned 2 clicks.

Do the four window switches light up on the main driver panel? If no check passenger fuse 13.

What did you use as your ground reference for your previous measurements?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When pressing switch the key must be turned 2 clicks.

Do the four window switches light up on the main driver panel? If no check passenger fuse 13.

What did you use as your ground reference for your previous measurements?
When pressing switch the key must be turned 2 clicks. (YES)

Do the four window switches light up on the main driver panel? If no check passenger fuse 13. (YES)

What did you use as your ground reference for your previous measurements? (Not done) I will try that out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So finally I found out the issue. I may have missed one step of courtesy light connection. Once I connected it, worked like a charm.

Thank you @Gordo and @road2cycle for your feedback and couldn't have done without it. It was fun working on this project.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Glad to heat you got it fixed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts