Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am in the market for a Pilot for my mom, she says that if it has in deck cd changer she will want it, but her lease on her other car is up around sept. Should we hold out and spend the extra coin. Or jump on the 2003 sell out band wagon when it gets rolling.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hmmm...buying or leasing?

The '03 will be depreciated by one model year. Get '03 if they offer a below invoice price AND make them throw in a 6 disc changer for not buying an '04 instead. Lots of people are holding out for the '04's. When they're released, they'll be everywhere. They'll have no trouble moving those, so it will be hard to get a steal of a deal. Nothing major for changes will be happening with the '04, although we don't know exact details yet.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
Hmmm...buying or leasing?

The '03 will be depreciated by one model year. Get '03 if they offer a below invoice price AND make them throw in a 6 disc changer for not buying an '04 instead.
the OEM will not fit in a RES or NAVI Pilot...

·
Registered
365 Posts
College Hills Honda

College Hills Honda has updated their web site. They now have a page for 2004 Pilots, but the links aren't active yet. Hopefully we will know soon about the real changes in store for the 2004s.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The following changes will be for 2004...

1. Heated seats and mirrors
2. In-dash 6 disc changer
3. 250 hp
4. Possible moonroof

That's all I know so far-

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
MG Pilot said:

3. 250 hp
4. Possible moonroof

Thanks, MG Pilot. Can you give us any indication of source or degree of certainty? Can you check on 2nd row adjustable seats, curtain airbags, price? Changes in transmission, front aribags, or any of the changes in the '03 MDX that might have been responsible for its downgraded frontal impact rating by NHTSA?

I know I'm asking for a lot. Anybody else out there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
MG Pilot said:

3. 250 hp
4. Possible moonroof

MG Pilot,

I sure hope you are right. 2004 Accord prices have been released. Hopefully, we will know soon on the prices and changes to the Pilot.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
MG Pilot said:

3. 250 hp
4. Possible moonroof

Anyone taking bets?

#1, I give it a 50/50 in EX-L and 0% in others
#2, I give it a 90% in EX (seems like it was a last min change in the '03 not to have it either as cost saving or the product was late)
#3, I give it 50/50 but bet all modles will be the same
#4, I give it less than 5% (like 0% chance with 95% confidence) since the roof pannel is not designed for it, and the Odyssey still does not have one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
MG Pilot said:

3. 250 hp
4. Possible moonroof

Yes, thanks MG Pilot. I've checked with several dealers and they all are just throwing up their hands when asked questions about 2004 models. Can't even get 2003 brochures for some models...CR-V, for instance. Dealers seem very frustrated with the whole issue. Is Honda normally this closed mouth this time of year? Anyone? :confused:

·
Registered
570 Posts
MG Pilot,

I am curious how you got this info. My Honda Dealer tells me that the 04 Pilot has heated seats and mirrors only added to the EX-L. He firmly says no indash CD changer or sunroof for 04.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I talked to American Honda and they said:1. 04 EX-L will have heated seats and side mirrors; 2. Redrockpearl will have saddle colored interior. They did not say H.P. would get a boost to 250 H.P. Oh yeah ,they also said Havasu Blue will be replaced by a darker blue color.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
N_Jay said:

Anyone taking bets?

#1, I give it a 50/50 in EX-L and 0% in others
#2, I give it a 90% in EX (seems like it was a last min change in the '03 not to have it either as cost saving or the product was late)
#3, I give it 50/50 but bet all modles will be the same
#4, I give it less than 5% (like 0% chance with 95% confidence) since the roof pannel is not designed for it, and the Odyssey still does not have one.
N_Jay,

If you're offering even money on #1 & #3, I'll take the bet saying yes. If you're giving 9-1 odds against #2, I'll go ahead and throw in a "yes" on that but only if you're saying "no" on #1 & #3.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
robrecht said:

N_Jay,

If you're offering even money on #1 & #3, I'll take the bet saying yes. If you're giving 9-1 odds against #2, I'll go ahead and throw in a "yes" on that but only if you're saying "no" on #1 & #3.
Fun bets only.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D just use premium and you will have 250 hp!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
sblvro said:
:D just use premium and you will have 250 hp!
Sure you will.:confused:

And premium, Split-Fire plugs, a Tornado and a K&N filter will get you 300! :2: :2: :2:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
rwr said:
I talked to American Honda and they said:1. 04 EX-L will have heated seats and side mirrors; 2. Redrockpearl will have saddle colored interior. They did not say H.P. would get a boost to 250 H.P. Oh yeah ,they also said Havasu Blue will be replaced by a darker blue color.
This is probably the most believable list I have read to date.

:6:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The '03 will be depreciated by one model year. Get '03 if they offer a below invoice price AND make them throw in a 6 disc changer for not buying an '04 instead. Lots of people are holding out for the '04's. When they're released, they'll be everywhere. They'll have no trouble moving those, so it will be hard to get a steal of a deal. Nothing major for changes will be happening with the '04, although we don't know exact details yet.The '03 will be depreciated by one model year. Get '03 if they offer a below invoice price AND make them throw in a 6 disc changer for not buying an '04 instead. Lots of people are holding out for the '04's. When they're released, they'll be everywhere. They'll have no trouble moving those, so it will be hard to get a steal of a deal. Nothing major for changes will be happening with the '04, although we don't know exact details yet.

Even though the 04s are looming, most of the dealers in the Northeast, especially the Boston area, are still demanding sticker on any 2003 Pilots, and most are selling off the incoming roster, still weeks in advance. We are will be picking up what will be one of the last 2003s that our dealer will be getting...and had to grind them to get the price to 30,051 on an EX-L. This after calling about 12 or so dealers, with the best "spontaneous" offer being 300 off MSRP. Obviously I am not excited about paying so much for an '03 at the end of the model year, but with demand this high (and probably remaining so, based on the fact that '04s will be absolutely at MSRP or above, per discussions with multiple dealers), I guess that I have little choice. The theory with this vehilce is to keep it at least 5 years (our average), so perhaps depreciation differences won't be as off by that time. As for the addition of heated seats, does anyone know if they will be merely lower portions, or backrest as well (Highlander only does lower portion)? If it is only lower, than perhaps I can take solace in the ability to do the entire seat in the aftermarket world....mirrors would be nice though....

·
Registered
7 Posts
rwr said:
I just ordered a 2004 Redrock today...it has Saddle color leather much to my wife's joy. I don't know about the heated seats and mirrors.

As for other colors, no more Havasu and Evergreen...a dark blue is coming. As for the Nighthawk black, it will be available with Saddle OR Gray leather. Black is the only color with that option. Don't know about the 250hp or the 6-changer.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts