Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you pilot owners/prospective owners. I'm new here. I just ordered a new Pilot from a local dealer, but I'm just wondering if any of you know if there is a new 2004 model due out later this year with any different features which may make me want to wait and put off buying the 2003 Pilot if there will be a new and better 2004 Pilot.

I'd be letting go of my Honda Accord EX for the 2003 Pilot but I can't help missing having a sunroof. I would be much happier with my decision on the Pilot if it only had a sunroof!!!

It's just that it is time for me to get a new car, and since I have a baby now, I thought an SUV may be a better choice for now with the extra cargo area in the back, larger vehicle and all wheel drive. Plus, the navigation system and DVD player would come in handy. Nevertheless, I will miss having a sunroof as I do on my Accord.

I narrowed my decision down to either the Honda Pilot or the Lexus RX300, which I liked the looks of and it has a sunroof!!! But the Lexus dashboard just seemed to fussy, so I'm leaning towards the Pilot. I only wish that Honda would be coming out with a new, less boxy-looking Pilot with a sunroof. Then it would be a no brainer for me.

:4:

·
Registered
311 Posts
The short answer is many people have had the same questions but there has been zero valid information on the 2004 model so far. Most speculate that there will not be any changes between the lst and 2nd year production runs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haven't heard if the 2004 models will have sunroofs, although that Honda has been known to add additional features like sunroofs in the second year of a new model. However, you would have to wait probably at least until June for the 2004 models to come out.

If you want a sunroof now, it is possible as an aftermarket accessory. See this thread:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2583&highlight=sunroof

I would go with the new pilot now and add a sunroof if you really want one. That new baby needs lots of room to wiggle.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If Honda stays consistent with it's other models, then the Pilot shouldn't change for another 3-4 yrs.

Although, I can imagine there may be some additional color choices and perhaps some more options.

Maybe some minor fixes here and there that need some attending to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When will the '04 model come out?

A friend told me not to buy a car in its first year. I won't be buying a Pilot till the summer anyways. While I don't expect any body changes, hopefully Honda will have worked out the kinks and introduce a sunroof :cool:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
DeniseT said:
"... so I'm leaning towards the Pilot. I only wish that Honda would be coming out with a new, less boxy-looking Pilot with a sunroof. Then it would be a no brainer for me.

:4:
Funny you should say that, because that was my exact feeling when first laying eyes on the Pilot. I was disappointed. I really wanted Honda to have made the Pilot a more MDX-ish exterior. However, now that I own the Pilot, I LOVE it for it's more masculine squared off look, thinking that the more extreme designs may date themselves soon. Just a little something to think about :)

Also, if you want the NAV and RES together you will have to go with aftermarket solutions...There is not enough Dash space to accomodate both options :( . There are links here on how to do it though, including DvD player in the glove box (which you won't need anyhow because the center console is HUGE)

Congratulations on the little one who will love the new BIG HONDA. (That's what we call our Pilot anyway)

Keep us posted on what you decide, we'd all love to welcome another happy Piloteer into the "family"

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: When will the '04 model come out?

Slate said:
A friend told me not to buy a car in its first year. I won't be buying a Pilot till the summer anyways. While I don't expect any body changes, hopefully Honda will have worked out the kinks and introduce a sunroof :cool:
What Kinks?

And I doubt the sunroof, as the roof pannel does not have a large flat area that would be there if they were planning a factory sunroof.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: When will the '04 model come out?

N_Jay said:

What Kinks?

And I doubt the sunroof, as the roof pannel does not have a large flat area that would be there if they were planning a factory sunroof.
I also doubt you'll see a sunroof added to the Pilot anytime soon, another reason being (as has been pointed out before in this Forum)
that Honda still needs to limit certain features to its more expensive MDX to differentiate it from the Pilot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Re: When will the '04 model come out?

N_Jay said:

What Kinks?

Being the first model year, I'm sure Honda has found somethings which will be improved in the '04 model.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: Re: When will the '04 model come out?

Slate said:

Being the first model year, I'm sure Honda has found somethings which will be improved in the '04 model.
Honda is good at improving their cars year to year. I am not sure if the first to second year changes are any bigger than any other year.

·
Registered
226 Posts
excuse me but the Pilot has been out for a few years now....

anyone ever heard of an MDX (it's the same exact thing as a Pilot but it costs about $7k more)....

·
Registered
288 Posts
'04 Pilot

We just ordered ours on Sat. and the dealer made no mention of the '04 model becoming available. We have a projected build date of the end of March beginning of April, so I would not expect that they are going to start '04s until after that time. Or maybe they will just give us the new '04 for the price of an '03...we could only be so lucky, but I don't think Honda or the dealer would go for that.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: Re: 2004 Pilot?

74PILOTMOM said:

However, now that I own the Pilot, I LOVE it for it's more masculine squared off look, thinking that the more extreme designs may date themselves soon. Just a little something to think about :)
My thoughts exactly! I love the boxy look. It's a classic. :29:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: When will the '04 model come out?

I would expect Honda '04 models in September, with Acura models a month later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts