Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2004 pilot has shifted a little rough every since i got it 2 years ago. would anyone recommend doing a drain and fil but also adding some lucas?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
249 Posts
So my 2004 pilot has shifted a little rough every since i got it 2 years ago. would anyone recommend doing a drain and fil but also adding some lucas?
Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic transmission is very popular with a lot of Pilot users, including me. Every other oil change I will do a drain and fill, and also add LubeGard red transmission shutter fix. Lucas is very expensive compared to Maxlife so I don’t think a lot of people have tried, but as long as it meets Honda’s requirements for ATF it will be better than leaving the old fluid in it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply!! i was literally just searching around the forum and noticed alot of the folk recommend valvoline so i wil try that for sure and the lube gaurd as well!! i guess they sell lube guar at local parts stores? my pilot has 230k on the origional trans and motor. hopefully it does the trick

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
249 Posts
thanks for the quick reply!! i was literally just searching around the forum and noticed alot of the folk recommend valvoline so i wil try that for sure and the lube gaurd as well!! i guess they sell lube guar at local parts stores? my pilot has 230k on the origional trans and motor. hopefully it does the trick
Yep! Yes they sell the lube guard at local parts stores. Walmart is the only place I’ve found that has the 1 gallon jug of Maxlife atf for $18. It’s annoying to go to Walmart but no one else I’ve found has them in stock, and if they do they are about 40% More expensive. Mine has 190k and it shifts like a dream!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet. thank you fr the info im really hoping that this fixes at least most of the problem if so i just have to figure out what the rapid thud coming from under the from end is while going down the road

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
A $35 order from Wal-Mart online will get you free shipping.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic transmission is very popular with a lot of Pilot users, including me.
Me, too. Me, too.

A $35 order from Wal-Mart online will get you free shipping.
That should be covered by at least two (2 x $18 = $36) of the three recommended for a 3x ATF drain & fill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts