Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the timing belt replaced about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly 3 days ago it started making strange electric crackling noise from the speakers and it stalls some times when I make a turn. Doesn't matter the direction of the turn. It will immediately start back up when I start it again. One time it stalled then I started going straight and it sprang back to life. I have driven it maybe a mile since this began to ascertain various symptoms. I checked the battery and the battery strap was not at all secure. I secured it and its still occurring. Any ideas of where I should check to begin troubleshooting this would be helpful.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
Verify battery connections are secure.
Look for any other loose electrical connections.
Make sure connectors are fully mated.
Check wires from engine to chassis.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
Was any other work performed besides the timing belt?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The water pump was done at the same time. I'm sure the shop messed up wiring, its the only thing that makes sense. I also checked all the connections I could reach without taking the tire and such off. Everything looked secure. However, when I crawled underneath I seen something that appeared to be a split in a wire cover and I seen copper inside. I cant get to it without removing the splash guard. I can only assume that its fresh bare wiring since it was nice and shiny copper. I know it wasn't like that before the work because I check wiring when I change the oil and I did that about a week prior to the timing belt being done. I called the shop so they can fix this issue since it is more likely than not, a result of the work they performed.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,298 Posts
I called the shop so they can fix this issue since it is more likely than not, a result of the work they performed.
Agreed. My money would also be on Occam' s razor.

Post pics!

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
The water pump was done at the same time. I'm sure the shop messed up wiring, its the only thing that makes sense. I also checked all the connections I could reach without taking the tire and such off. Everything looked secure. However, when I crawled underneath I seen something that appeared to be a split in a wire cover and I seen copper inside. I cant get to it without removing the splash guard. I can only assume that its fresh bare wiring since it was nice and shiny copper. I know it wasn't like that before the work because I check wiring when I change the oil and I did that about a week prior to the timing belt being done. I called the shop so they can fix this issue since it is more likely than not, a result of the work they performed.
A photo of this wire and it's surroundings would be great.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
It would be nice to know what was the cause of the problem here, with such an odd symptom. Hopefully we find out soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts