Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2004 Pilot Radio/CD/Tape None Working

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  scorrpio 
#1 ·
The radio, cd player and tape player and clock are not working. The display is completely blank. Checked all fuses in all fuse boxes. Have new battery. Accessory outlets and heater/ac work fine but the air flow won't change. Would appreciate help.

#2 ·
Did you check all fuses in all 4 fuse boxes (2 under hood and 2 interior) by eye, by switching out known good fuse of same amperage, or with a multimeter?

Especially Primary Under-Hood Box, No. 9, 20 Amp fuse?

Anything that might have affected wiring? Rats, aftermarket accessories, recent modifications?

If all above checks out, pull the head unit and replace with one from a salvage yard or upgrade with something new, depending on your budget and preferences.

Attachments

#3 ·
See this thread for pinout info.

Pull the unit and check if you get 12V between pins A10 (white) and A20 (black), even when car is off. Check that you have 12V between pins A2 and A20 when key in ACC or ON position.
If no power, re-check the fuses. If there is power, audio unit is dead.

P.S. If it is the audio unit, I am pretty sure you can pop it open and check for a blown internal fuse. My guess, however, would be capacitor failure.
Good news is, any standard double-DIN unit should fit there. I would go aftermarket with touch screen/bluetooth/Android Auto/Carplay that would also allow you to install a rear camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.