Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Has anyone replaced their positive battery harness in this (these) model years? Wondering how big a job it is, in terms of removing other stuff to expose all the bolt-on points mainly...

I've encountered some failures to turn over, relieved in one case by wiggling the positive harness. I couldn't find a frank discontinuity, only a bit of corrosion, which I subsequently cleaned... It worked for a couple months, but I recently had a failure to crank after leaving the headlights on for 15 min. The battery is 10 yrs old, so I replaced that, but I'm thinking to also replace the harness prophylactically.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks!
David

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,033 Posts
Another member had asked this a while back. At that time I looked under the hood and the job didn’t look like it would be terribly difficult. The cable goes to the battery, starter, main fuse box, and secondary fuse box. Look under your hood and follow the harness. The branch to the starter is it’s own limb. If you replace it take photos before removal so you know how the new one should be routed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, road2cycle. I'd kind of thought similarly... I still need to follow all the cables carefully and see if there'd be any unusual things to pull off for exposure. Figured I'd see if anyone else had had a surprise. Will post back if something unusual encountered ("so,I pulled the valve cover... ;)"). Hopefully just dismounting the fuseboxes and getting a good angle on the starter. Good tip about the photos!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts