Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took delivery on a silver 2004 EX-L RES which arrived at my dealership yesterday from a holding lot in Nashville.

I’ll try to add pics of the changes:

2nd row with the 60/40 split. Both parts adjust up to 100mm

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Great photos! Can't wait to pick mine up in 2 weeks...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And here is a copy of a memo I obtained

To: All American Honda Automobile Dealers

Date: August 18, 2003

Subject: 2004 Pilot Pricing and Release

We are pleased to announce the release of the 2004 model year Pilot.

For the 2004 model year there are some important changes to the Pilot:

·Heated front seats are added to EX-L models
·Heated outside rearview mirrors are added to EX-L models
·Parking brake warning alarm is added to all models
·Seatbelt warning alarm is added to all models
·Nighthawk Black Pearl with Saddle interior and Midnight Blue Pearl with Gray interior added
·Evergreen Pearl and Havasu Blue Metallic are no longer available

Enclosed is the Dealer Pricing Guide, which becomes effective August 18, 2003.
The 2004 Pilot prices have increased minimally, amounting to less then 1% on a sales weighted
basis. The destination and handling charges remain at $460.

Sincerely,

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

(It’s funny it doesn’t even mention the second row change.)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
kycat: Congrats on your new 2004 Pilot!!! :claphead: :claphead: :claphead:

I think you're the first member to have taken delivery of a 2004 -- thanks for the nice shots of the 2nd row seats & heater switches... :7:

·
Registered
900 Posts
kycat, congrats and welcome to another Pilot owner here in Lexington KY! I just posted your VIN to the table...

It looks like they are repeating the last few digits the same as the 2003's so can you post the rest of your VIN so we can see what changed?

you said you picked it up in Nashville... so I presume you didn't get it from local Don Jacobs Honda (we have been very happy with them). Our Pilot went in for its ??? mile checkup and oil change today. It turned a year old just a few days ago.

I swear I saw 3-4 Silver Pilots out on the road here today. Maybe one of them was you? (But I was driving the Saturn, not our Pilot).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
havasu, Thanks

My complete vin is # 2HKYF18614H500449

I did actually pick up the vehicle at DJ. We probably crossed paths at some time today. I was there from about 12-2. I pretty much grew up around that dealership, as my father has worked there for nearly 30 years.

I only mentioned NASHVILLE because that was the last transport facility the vehicle came from. Some arrive from Cincinnati. Probably a difference of RAIL/TRUCK transport from the plant. The dealership had no idea the 2004 was coming....and I still can't believe they let me have it. (It was their one and only)

I guess I'll see you around on the road... Maybe tailgating tommorow? :) Go big Blue.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Seat Rail Pictures

congratulations on your new 2004 pilot!

great pics, but can i suggest some more? :D

- second row seat rails (when seat is tilted/slided forward)
- under the second row seats:
- seat rails
- adjustment lever
- other related hardware

i just want to see whats different in the 04's and how difficult it may be if i were to retrofit the 04 seat rails. im sure other members would be interested in seeing the pics too. :4: ;)

thanks! and congrats on your new pilot again!:7: :31:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I'm looking forward to picking up my 2004 next week. The dealer called today to let me know it should be available for pickup tuesday or wednesday of next week. Just sold my 1993 2dr ex honda accord. My wife actually cried when they took the car away!. Just a great vehicle but no room for two kids. Hopefully the Pilot will make us just as happy.:2:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Congrats, kycat. Great color choice. :18:

Enjoy the RES. I plan to watch Animal House next weekend on it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
kycat said:
2nd row with the 60/40 split. Both parts adjust up to 100mm
A few things:
Is the seat forward back adjusted with the same lever used to recline it, or the same lever used to tilt/ move it forward for access to the third row? Or is it moved with a lever under the seat like the 1st row passenger side seat?
And Is the horn really changed other that the signature Honda Honk?

Congratulations on the addition to your family! :2: :D :29: :roadtrip:

EDR

·
Registered
120 Posts
2nd row seats

KYCAT, I am the other half of havasu. I am the one that was at DJ's today. Spent about an hour there talking to my saleman. I'm gonna bite him next time I see him. He didn't say a word about the 2004's hitting the streets. Question. you indicate the 2nd row seats move back and forth 100mm. Do they also recline?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Congrats kycat.

Can you please post a photo of the complete center dash console (from the radio down to the ashtray). This odd request is because I have a 2003 EX-L RES SS Pilot and there is no room for the XM Display in the dash because of the DVD Player Unit.

It appears in your second posted photo that the heated seat controls are placed under the DVD Player Unit...with the "Not an Ashtray" below the controls. If this is the case, there is a possiblility for us 2003 RES owners to configure the XM Display where your heated seat controls are located (with the bezel kit). The '04 RES dash console must be compatible with the '03. I don't really need heated seats here in Louisiana, but I really enjoy the XM radio...especially if it means a cleaner install.

·
Registered
54 Posts
He got an early one... the 449th one built. I'm wondering about all these "electronic changes" that were quoted for such a long time? No differences in the radio or NAV system? I know there's an updated NAV disc, but is the system updated?

I like the idea of the heated seats, the second row slider doesn't mean much to me, and the rest are too minor to list.

I expected more changes to the Pilot this year and no changes to the MDX, but it seems to be the other way around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can barely tell in this picture, but it looks like the heated seat switches are different for an EXL-NAV than what was posted above in an EXL-RES.

By the way, the picture is from the 2004 brochure.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the Congrats. Here are some replies to questions:

iivtecracerii: I’ll try to get you those pics in the next couple of days…My wife and the Pilot are already on their first short road trip.

EDR: The second row seats are adjusted underneath with the same kind of lever as the 1st row Passenger seat. And yes the horn does sound different.

tibbitts: Yes, the seats recline the same as the 2003 model. See you around.

SteveLuman: I had already taken a picture like the one you requested. Hopefully you’ll see it below. If you need another, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
kycat said:
Thanks for all the Congrats. Here are some replies to questions:

iivtecracerii: I’ll try to get you those pics in the next couple of days…My wife and the Pilot are already on their first short road trip.

EDR: The second row seats are adjusted underneath with the same kind of lever as the 1st row Passenger seat. And yes the horn does sound different.

tibbitts: Yes, the seats recline the same as the 2003 model. See you around.

SteveLuman: I had already taken a picture like the one you requested. Hopefully you’ll see it below. If you need another, let me know.
Great photo...just what I needed. It appears that 2003 RES owners would be able to retrofit the center console from the A/C Controls down to the "Not an Ashtray" from a '04 to an '03. Instead of the space for the heaters, the XM din bezel kit could be installed.

BTW, I went to my dealer last night to check out the '04 models. No '04's, but 10 2003's were on the lot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will try to post pics of it tomorrow...but I think the 04 steering wheel iks different, and the headrests seem different. Slightly larger or the hole is smaller?
Picked up my 04 today!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts