Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Pilot looks like it’s in great shape.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. The Pilot looks like it’s in great shape.
Thanks...always tried to park the Pilot in better parking spots. Some body detailing would probably make it pop. Maintenance is key to longevity.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
I bet that grille guard/ bull bar/ whatever-you-call-it helps dissuade inconsiderate parkers from getting too close. Where did you get it? Was it hard to install? I've seen some brush guards that were overkill and some bull bars that were underkill, but that one is in my Goldilocks zone. I want one for my urban warfare parking.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
How many miles? Any issues with the transmission? You are in that wonderful 1st gen no VCM zone but you are also in that high failure rate Honda automatic zone. My mom had one (I think '05, the beautiful dark blue color) and the transmission started going up around 95k, so off it went for a Rogue.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet that grille guard/ bull bar/ whatever-you-call-it helps dissuade inconsiderate parkers from getting too close. Where did you get it? Was it hard to install? I've seen some brush guards that were overkill and some bull bars that were underkill, but that one is in my Goldilocks zone. I want one for my urban warfare parking
Not sure whether WAAG is still around but I never liked the large over-the-top grill guards that tend to damage the grill+hood they're supposed to protect on minor impacts.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many miles? Any issues with the transmission? You are in that wonderful 1st gen no VCM zone but you are also in that high failure rate Honda automatic zone. My mom had one (I think '05, the beautiful dark blue color) and the transmission started going up around 95k, so off it went for a Rogue.
I recall getting a letter many years ago that my trans was not on the list of VIN# that were affected. Fast forward 2019 @110K I got a generic trans code P0700 which was a shift solenoid. Perform regular trans + rear diff service using Honda fluids. Next big job that's important is the radiator and front pipe+flex. Otherwise my Pilot has been trouble-free and I intend to keep it that way. Unlike new vehicles my 2004 is not full of electronic BS not even TPMS :)

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Not sure whether WAAG is still around but I never liked the large over-the-top grill guards that tend to damage the grill+hood they're supposed to protect on minor impacts.
Not finding that model... Got a link?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Thanks for the info. As far as I've been able to determine, they're either out of production or out of business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts