Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front passenger side sway bar is banging around in our Pilot with 240K miles on it. Where can I find a replacement for it? I'm not entirely sure of what it's referred to but it holds the bar in place.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Sway bar bushings. A common problem on these models.

Maybe start by just the bushings. They're literally a couple of dollars each and relatively easily doable yourself if you're not averse to getting a little grease under your fingernails. What are your symptoms? In some cases it is both the sway bar bushings and the end links, but in many others, mine included, just swapping out the bushings made everything go from clunky to hunky-dory again.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The front passenger side sway bar is banging around in our Pilot with 240K miles on it. Where can I find a replacement for it? I'm not entirely sure of what it's referred to but it holds the bar in place
For a 2004 if you're changing the bushings you might want to look at the end links as the rubber bits are probably cracked too. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
You don't need to ask. He knows.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
519 Posts
For a 2004 if you're changing the bushings you might want to look at the end links as the rubber bits are probably cracked too. Ask me how I know.
And if you're replacing 2004 end links yourself, better have one or more of the following: cutoff wheel, reciprocating saw with metal blade, vice grips, small torch, penetrating oil, lots of patience. Ask ME how I know...

And you'll need an offset 14-mm box-end wrench and a u-shaped or s-shaped box end wrench for getting the sway bar bushings bracket bolts loose.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
And you'll need an offset 14-mm box-end wrench and a u-shaped or s-shaped box end wrench for getting the sway bar bushings bracket bolts loose.
On the driver's side. This is the truth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts