Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my pilot to a local Honda dealership that I regularly use for maintenance. Driver's side window broke. I have had this happen to one of the back windows and it needed a regulator. This was fixed (at another auto shop) for a couple hundred bucks. This time I was told that I needed a regulator, control module and switch, all for the tune of $1800. My 2004 pilot although in good condition, is not even worth that. Does this seem an overly excessive price? I live in SW FL. I can't afford that amount of money. Any feedback is appreciated. For now, the window is up and I just don't use it. Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
these are available thru ebay, rock auto, etc. If your not willing to do the work, a local shop with aftermarket parts will be much less than Honda dealership.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I took my pilot to a local Honda dealership that I regularly use for maintenance. Driver's side window broke. I have had this happen to one of the back windows and it needed a regulator. This was fixed (at another auto shop) for a couple hundred bucks. This time I was told that I needed a regulator, control module and switch, all for the tune of $1800. My 2004 pilot although in good condition, is not even worth that. Does this seem an overly excessive price? I live in SW FL. I can't afford that amount of money. Any feedback is appreciated. For now, the window is up and I just don't use it. Thanks
maybe they didn't fix it correctly, and its not nearly that much for the repair, i say run for hills and never go back to that shop, a brand new regular with lifetime warranty is around 100.00 part number #748-129 and a switch id say the pick-n-pull or a new switch around 56.00 part #dws427, the driver side window switch is the "module" which is a terminal switch and is sold as one unit for roughly 600.00 can find cheaper but pick-n-pull is just fine you might not need it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe they didn't fix it correctly, and its not nearly that much for the repair, i say run for hills and never go back to that shop, a brand new regular with lifetime warranty is around 100.00 part number #748-129 and a switch id say the pick-n-pull or a new switch around 56.00 part #dws427, the driver side window switch is the "module" which is a terminal switch and is sold as one unit for roughly 600.00 can find cheaper but pick-n-pull is just fine you might not need it...
Thanks. I figured this price was overly excessive. I will try to shop around and see what I can find. For now, I guess the window just stays up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts