Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my project on completely upgrading the sound of my 2004 pilot.
For the front I put in Alpine S-S65C Components
In the rear I have Alpine S-S65 Coaxial 2 ways
All being powered by Alpine BBX-F1200 4 Channel Amplifier
The hardest part of this project was running speakers wires and the power wires.
I thought it would be to hard to run the tweeter wire through the dash so I went with a flush mount on the sail panel which I think would sound better anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
89 Posts
This is my project on completely upgrading the sound of my 2004 pilot.
For the front I put in Alpine S-S65C Components
In the rear I have Alpine S-S65 Coaxial 2 ways
All being powered by Alpine BBX-F1200 4 Channel Amplifier
The hardest part of this project was running speakers wires and the power wires.
I thought it would be to hard to run the tweeter wire through the dash so I went with a flush mount on the sail panel which I think would sound better anyway
Really kool

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Isn't that amp a bit underpowered for the task? Those speakers are 80W RMS, 4 Ohms. The amp can deliver only 50W per channel into 4 Ohms (70W per channel at 2 Ohms). I would probably consider something like this in similar price range:
Sound Ordnance M75-4 Compact 4-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield - 75W x 4 RMS at 4 Ohms output.

Also, are you doing anything about the sub and head unit? If you are not upgrading the head, how are you feeding the amp? I am not seeing speaker level inputs on the BBX-F1200
You will either need a 4-channel line level converter, or go for an amp with high inputs, i.e.
JBL Club A754 Club Series 4-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield - also 75Wx4 @ 4 Ohms.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea i should’ve mentioned i did replace the headunit to a Pioner AVH 4600BT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts