Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
just picked up a 2004 pilot for winter and it has no bluetooth.
Any suggestions?
Was not able to see anything in the forum regarding this.
thanks

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
94 Posts
HI
Any suggestions?
thanks
Hey brother Walmart has something online Called a monster Bluetooth FM transmitter for like 13$ that would help you out I’ve used them in the past even Best Buy hope this was helpful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey brother Walmart has something online Called a monster Bluetooth FM transmitter for like 13$ that would help you out I’ve used them in the past even Best Buy hope this was helpful
thanks very much, but looking for something a little more sophisticated. meaning want to be able to listen to the radio.cd etc and not have to have it on a radio station.
thanks again for your help

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
94 Posts
thanks very much, but looking for something a little more sophisticated. meaning want to be able to listen to the radio.cd etc and not have to have it on a radio station.
thanks again for your help
Oh go on crutchfeilds site and they have aftermarket head units they will even give you the wire adapter kit and asked them for the steering wheel controller hookup really easy to hookup and it looks official I did mine I even replaced all the speakers on the doors and an aftermarket 10 inch subwoofer in the back with a baby amp
Audio equipment Automotive exterior Electronic device Car subwoofer Grey
Audio equipment Automotive exterior Electronic device Car subwoofer Grey

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
94 Posts
Oh go on crutchfeilds site and they have aftermarket head units they will even give you the wire adapter kit and asked them for the steering wheel controller hookup really easy to hookup and it looks official I did mine I even replaced all the speakers on the doors and an aftermarket 10 inch subwoofer in the back with a baby amp View attachment 142517 View attachment 142517 View attachment 142517 View attachment 142518
Oh go on crutchfeilds site and they have aftermarket head units they will even give you the wire adapter kit and asked them for the steering wheel controller hookup really easy to hookup and it looks official I did mine I even replaced all the speakers on the doors and an aftermarket 10 inch subwoofer in the back with a baby amp View attachment 142517 View attachment 142517 View attachment 142517 View attachment 142518

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
HI
Any suggestions?
thanks
If you want to retain your factory deck, and add that capability, you have two options:
1) Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Honda Pilot 2003-2005 – GTA Car Kits
2) Crux BTS-HN2 Bluetooth® Interface Stream music through the factory radio in select 2003-14 Acura and Honda vehicles at Crutchfield

If you want the best audio quality + hands-free integration then I'd likely go with the GTA Car Kit's option, if you just looking something "that gets the job done" then the Crux is the better/cheaper choice.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
94 Posts

If you want to retain your factory deck, and add that capability, you have two options:
2) Crux BTS-HN2 Bluetooth® Interface Stream music through the factory radio in select 2003-14 Acura and Honda vehicles at Crutchfield

If you want the best audio quality + hands-free integration then I'd likely go with the GTA Car Kit's option, if you just looking something "that gets the job done" then the Crux is the better/cheaper choice.
Yes I agree I’ve been using crutchfeild for years and they have everything you’ll need and the prices are really good I hook up a back up camera to the stereo for my pilot and there tech support are really great and patient

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
94 Posts
Nice if you can use the wire adapter kit you can pick it up at Best Buy/Walmart/or an auto parts store it plugs rite into the existing wire harness and the maestro adapter for the steering controller and plug some audio jacks in the back of stereo and a power wire long enough just in case you decide to put an amp and change the little factory 10 inch subwoofer you won’t regret that no buzzing noise it’s just rite you’ll feel the kick in back of your head lol after that throw som 20 inch rims 275/45/20 sr Toyo tires just rite no over kill it looks tough I hooked mine up even a black bull bar in the front with black three inch tube side steps lol

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts

I've never had much luck with the sound quality on those FM transmitter units.

And while I admire those who manage to do an entire head unit overhaul, if you're looking for some middle ground, I've been quite satisfied with the Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Honda Pilot 2003-2005 – GTA Car Kits @cloudsac mentions. The Pure Bluetooth version I installed sounds terrific, and I can also play phone calls and Waze/Google Maps audio seamlessly. The videos on their site, if you scroll down, made it easy for even a DIY dolt like me to install it.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
I've never had much luck with the sound quality on those FM transmitter units.

And while I admire those who manage to do an entire head unit overhaul, if you're looking for some middle ground, I've been quite satisfied with the Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Honda Pilot 2003-2005 – GTA Car Kits @cloudsac mentions. The Pure Bluetooth version I installed sounds terrific, and I can also play phone calls and Waze/Google Maps audio seamlessly. The videos on their site, if you scroll down, made it easy for even a DIY dolt like me to install it.
I got a rental car with AndroidAuto once, and that was enough to "spoil" me into doing a head unit install (for the safety/convenience of my wife), which then spiralled into new speakers, and wanting to keep a subwoofer, with all the bells and whistles, mixed with a case of "while I'm in there I might as well" (soundproofing), has me with a headliner to the Pilot resting next to the Christmas tree in my living room as I write this. 😂

P.S. What kind of music do elves like best? "Wrap" Music

·
Registered
750 Posts
Any add-on solution will be coming in on a specific source (Aux, FM preset etc) and you will have to switch your radio/CD to that source manually in order to use bluetooth - and then switch manually back.
If you want to listen to CD or radio and have it lower the volume and switch to BT when a call is incoming, you pretty much HAVE to install a new head unit.

The good news is 2004 Pilot should accommodate any regular doubleDIN head nicely. Get something with Android Auto / Apple Carplay.

The no-so-good news is stock head has built-in amp for the sub in the rear, that no aftermaket head provides. your options are:
Just lose the bass
Replace indoor speakers with something that has good lowers response. (i.e. Kicker 46CSC654 CS Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield 40Hz-20kHz range)
Add a small amp to power the factory sub. (https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Digital-Audio/dp/B07D2X65HC) can be powered by tapping accessory outlet.
Go big. Replace factory sub with a 10" shallow-mount, and install a dedicated amp for it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Add a small amp to power the factory sub. (https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Digital-Audio/dp/B07D2X65HC) can be powered by tapping accessory outlet.
If you do get that sub amp and tap the accessory outlet (12v, presumably), then it's useless to get the version that comes with the included 19V 4.74A power supply. Save a few bucks and get this version instead:

This one doesn’t include a power supply. You can choose our high quality 19V power supply (ASIN: B074J81XRB) or buy the power supply you like. Please choose good quality power supply. We recommend 12~24V, at least 4A.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just dropping in to say that I self-installed the GTA car kit about 5 years ago on my 08 EXL, and man... I was just marveling last night at how darn good it sounds with the factory radio. One of the best purchases I ever made.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts