Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got an email from DavidMcDavid Irving, TX (Dallas) about the sale on Oct10 and Oct11. The sale is, any 2003 or 2004 Honda at or below invoice. I took the email to the dealership and purchased my 2004 EXL Beige Pilot. The only catch is, they forced me to the "Environmental Protection plan" for $600. The EPP is worth for about $300. But still 2004 EXL at 28829($600 over invoice including the EPP) is the greatest deal for a EXL Honda pilot. Also this sale applies to only the vehicles in stock. Luckily they had the exact car I was looking for. Initially, I thought that they are sellng their old stock, but to my surprice, the Pilot I bought, just shipped last week with a Inspection sticker for Oct 2003. They are very strict about the email printout though. I have the email with me. I can forward the email but you might have to edit the email to have your name on it.

:18: :18: :18: :18: :18: :18: :18: :18: :18:

·
Registered
620 Posts
arunpilot said:
Today I got an email from DavidMcDavid Irving, TX (Dallas) about the sale on Oct10 and Oct11. The sale is, any 2003 or 2004 Honda at or below invoice. I took the email to the dealership and purchased my 2004 EXL Beige Pilot. The only catch is, they forced me to the "Environmental Protection plan" for $600. The EPP is worth for about $300. But still 2004 EXL at 28829($600 over invoice including the EPP) is the greatest deal for a EXL Honda pilot. Also this sale applies to only the vehicles in stock. Luckily they had the exact car I was looking for. Initially, I thought that they are sellng their old stock, but to my surprice, the Pilot I bought, just shipped last week with a Inspection sticker for Oct 2003. They are very strict about the email printout though. I have the email with me. I can forward the email but you might have to edit the email to have your name on it.

Isn't invoice around $27,000 on an EX-L?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The invoice for 2004 EXL is 27,771.00 + 460 Destination charge = 28,231.00. I payed 28829 which is approximtely $600 more than invoice. I got the EPP program for $600.

·
Registered
620 Posts
arunpilot said:
The invoice for 2004 EXL is 27,771.00 + 460 Destination charge = 28,231.00. I payed 28829 which is approximtely $600 more than invoice. I got the EPP program for $600.
Excellent deal!!!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
arunpilot said:
and purchased my 2004 EXL Beige Pilot.
BEIGE?!!

That's SandStone , pardner. :1:

Congratulations and good luck. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just took delivery of my SandStone Metallic pilot. I made the dealer reduce the price by another $200 as they overcharged the "protected plan for the leather & Exterior". So effectively I payed Invoice + $400 (for EPP).
I was surprised that my pilot handles curves and sudden lane changes really good and pretty close to my '98 Civic Coupe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The email was from a local dealer in Dallas. The sale was over by saturday. But I can ask my sales person to see if thay can still honor it and can they deliver it to Northeast. Give me your EX/LX/EXL/color preference and I can check with my sales person and let you know.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
arunpilot said:
... I was surprised that my pilot handles curves and sudden lane changes really good and pretty close to my '98 Civic Coupe.
I don't know about the '98 Civic Coupe, but the Pilot did get a better emergency manuver score than the '03 MDX (with VSA) by Consumer Reports. In a large vehicle, a more sporty ride isn't necessarily a safer ride.

BTW, congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
1 Posts
arunpilot said:

I like to buy one now. Could you forward your email to me and give me your sale person name and phone number?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sale was over on Saturday. But give me your mail ID. I can email you. Give me your LX/EX/EXL/color preference and I can talk to my sales person and let you know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's a good deal!!! Enjoy your new ride.:18:

I drive both my '03 Pilot and '92 Prelude everyday, Pilot to send/pick up my daughter to/from babysitter, and Prelude to/from work. :2: I enjoy both rides that give me completely different feel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
juny_fan,

I left a message to my sales person about your preference, i will get back to you after i hear from him.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like David Mc David will not ship the Pilot out of state at their expense. And the sale at invoice price is over and they climbed up to $2000 off MSRP again.

·
Registered
620 Posts
arunpilot said:
Looks like David Mc David will not ship the Pilot out of state at their expense. And the sale at invoice price is over and they climbed up to $2000 off MSRP again.
$2K off MSRP is still a great deal...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Jet-Pilot-64 said:
$2K off MSRP is still a great deal...
I agree - I "only" got ~$1850 off MSRP.

kad

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is the email that I got from DavidMcDavid that got me my Pilot at Invoice price

Hi, I'm Jerry Lovins, General Sales Manager at David McDavid Honda and I want to make you an offer that you just can't refuse!

This Friday and until the close of business on Saturday, October 10-11, I'm giving authorization to my Internet Managers to sell every vehicle in stock AT or BELOW INVOICE!!

That's right, every in stock new Honda, 2003 or 2004 will be eligible for sale at, or below the Invoice Price!! No models are excluded, as long as they are currently in our Inventory!

Here's your opportunity to get a brand new 2004 Honda at a price that most dealers won't be offering until this time next year! Or, get a 2003 Honda far below the Invoice Price and save hundreds of $$$! Either way, you will be getting a brand new Honda at a tremendous savings. (Plus, I'm still offering up to 120% of KBB for your trade-in!)

Call 888-283-8772 or 888-887-9999 and ask to speak to your Internet Manager to set up an appointment! Please don't miss this opportunity to save!!!

I hope to see you this weekend.

Jerry Lovins
General Sales Manager
David McDavid Honda

P.S. My Internet Managers are the only ones authorized to offer these deals, so please print out this email and bring it in to receive this tremendous savings!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Re: This is the email that I got from DavidMcDavid that got me my Pilot at Invoice price

...(Plus, I'm still offering up to 120% of KBB for your trade-in!)...

[/B]
Wow, did you get a good deal on your trade?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: This is the email that I got from DavidMcDavid that got me my Pilot at Invoice price

Jet-Pilot-64 said:
Wow, did you get a good deal on your trade?
No. They offered $3100 less than the kbb trade in value. I did not sell my old car to them. CarMax offered $800 less than KBB value. I think I can sell it close to or greater than KBB value if i sell it my self.

My old Car is 1998 Civic EX

1 - 20 of 41 Posts