Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced EVERYTHING all solenoid valves, flushed with honda transmission oil, replaced in line filter checked all connections, everytime I clear the code it immediately comes back on. It says its shift solenoid A electrical. does this mean its something internal??

I have to shift the car from 1 to 2 and I have been driving the car like this for the past 1k miles, it seems that I do not have overdrive as my RPM's at 70MPH are at 3K verses the normal 2K. Gas mileage sucks but it still runs amazing??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
What is your year model, AWD or 2wd and milage please.

Possible Causes...

• Faulty Auto Shift Manual Switch
  • Auto Shift Manual Switch harness is open or shorted
  • Auto Shift Manual Switch circuit poor electrical connection
Are you familiar with where this switch is located? Check connection or for a broken or loose wire.
I'd keep my rpms around 2000 until this is fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your year model, AWD or 2wd and milage please.

Possible Causes...

• Faulty Auto Shift Manual Switch
  • Auto Shift Manual Switch harness is open or shorted
  • Auto Shift Manual Switch circuit poor electrical connection
Are you familiar with where this switch is located? Check connection or for a broken or loose wire.
I'd keep my rpms around 2000 until this is fixed.
2004 2 wheel drive with optional 4 wheel drive only in first and second, 197,000 miles. I do not know where this switch is located. would it be this switch with the specific p0953 code?
Thanks

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
2004 2 wheel drive with optional 4 wheel drive only in first and second, 197,000 miles. I do not know where this switch is located. would it be this switch with the specific p0953 code?
Thanks
This code appears to be very specific to this vehicle.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Bump this post for more help from other Piloteers.
Very unique code.
Where is this switch (solenoid)?

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Anyone, calling all Piloteers! 🙋‍♂️

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
My new Foxwell NT-630 code reader which reads Honda-specific codes (like an HDS machine) is still in transit on its way to me. For now, I only have one of those generic Bluetooth readers with the Torque app on my phone. Wish I could help.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
My new Foxwell NT-630 code reader which reads Honda-specific code (like an HDS machine) is still in transit on its way to me. For now, I only have one of those generic Bluetooth readers with the Torque app on my phone. Wish I could help.
Just trying to locate this switch related to this code. Is it in the gear shift itself?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
I looked in the 2005 FSM and this code isn’t listed.

It does mention the resistance across the two pins on shift solenoid valve A should be between 12 ohms and 25 ohms.
Did you replace with OEM or aftermarket? After checking the resistance and the connectors/wiring you might consider an OEM part if you happened to use aftermarket.

And doing an advanced search on this site shows this is the only thread where this code has ever been mentioned in this forum.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts