Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea why my interior fan is sooooo loud?
It sounds like a jet!
馃き

Registered
Welcome @cynanj77 ....it might simply be a dust/debris clogged screen on the blower vent. Have you changed the in-cabin filter? Our resident old thread finder @plplplpl ......should pop up soon and give you the diy steps

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Night shift, reporting for duty.

Front or rear? I'd do both. :)

Let's start with changing out the cabin air filter. Do you know the last time it was replaced?

For the rear blower...

Rear vent flow.

Remove the driver's side panel under the center console between the driver's seat and the gas pedal by grabbing it near the gas pedal and pulling it out as you work your way back toward the driver's seat. It's just clips and they will pop out.

If that doesn't take care of it, we can explore other options.

Registered
Check out the blower wheel in the front fan housing. On my 2003, it was packed full of leaves and debris, courtesy of some nesting mouse. They like to make a home in there as winter approaches. I removed the cabin filter and then used a small shop vac wand, followed by a curved air compressor blow pipe to dislodge the mess. It's not easy to get to, and takes repeated effort. Wear a dust mask, that rodent stuff is nasty!

Registered
Night shift, reporting for duty. View attachment 142785

Front or rear? I'd do both. :)

Let's start with changing out the cabin air filter. Do you know the last time it was replaced?

For the rear blower...

Rear vent flow.

Remove the driver's side panel under the center console between the driver's seat and the gas pedal by grabbing it near the gas pedal and pulling it out as you work your way back toward the driver's seat. It's just clips and they will pop out.

If that doesn't take care of it, we can explore other options.
Always so helpful!

This is def on my list as mine getstting so loud

Registered
Banned from wife鈥檚 2005 Pilot LX
If you have to cut off a piece of plastic trim to get to the cabin air filter then be prepared for grossness as that will be the original 16 year old filter.

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
If you have to cut off a piece of plastic trim to get to the cabin air filter then be prepared for grossness as that will be the original 16 year old filter.
When I recently did mine on out 08 after 185K miles and 12 years- Original!
It was dirty, but not as bad as I've seen pics of.
Replaced out new to us 15 also on the same day- the cabin air filters that is.

Registered
+1 to what STMech said. I鈥檇 go as far as to blast everything with Lysol before starting the cleanup, so that when the debris gets stirred up any germs are dead. Hantavirus isn鈥檛 anything to mess with or take a risk with.

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
If the above fails to solve your problem, the blend door actuator would be the next I would try looking into:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts